1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greek Slam Dunk on Full Preterism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by John of Japan, May 5, 2011.

1. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Let's take the "we" in verses 15 and 17,
    1. Paul was writing to believers wasn't he? This is yes or no.

2. If he was writting to believers are "we" today believers? This again is yes or no.

3. Paul looked to a future return of Christ when he wrote to the Thessolinicans? Again yes or No?

4. We are living in a time that is future from Pauls writing? Again Yes or No?

So if every answer is yes then that would mean Paul "we" included us in this age correct? Again Yes or No.

If this is no then we must say No to all of the above. We would not be believers in Christ because "we" are not included in the return of Christ for His church, for those who believe in Him. We have no future. If Paul was looking for a future imminent return of Christ then he was following Christ teaching of a future return. Since there is no recorded event of thousands of people who were alive abd either disappearing or died over all areas of the known world, and if followers of Paul were living into the 2nd century then either Paul lied about the event or it is still yet future. Seems very clear the event is still future. It has been almost 2000 years since 70 A.D. and Christ Kingdom according to John in Revelation would last 1000 years and end with a New Heaven and New Earth being established. So either John lied or things are yet future for Christ return for His Chruch and for His Kingdom. Seems very clear it is still yet future.

2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, OK. Then you believe the inspired Apostle was mistaken. He was writing to real people in the first century. Apparently they were lied to big time, seeing that the things that Paul assured them of had nothing to do with them.

Your comment is a good example of people just not seeing what they don't want to see. I'm not going to rehash the point.

#22 asterisktom, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
  3. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Reminds me of Casey Stengel's famous comments on a restaurant in NY. "Aah, no one goes to that restaurant anymore. It's too crowded."

I know that you are wrong on no one buying it. Just Google the subject and you will see.

4. Winman

Winman Active Member

Yogi Berra said you can observe a lot if you just look.

I have looked, and I don't see Jesus returning in 70 A.D.. I don't see his Millennial Kingdom, I don't recall Satan being bound a thousand years and then being loosed to deceive all the nations. I don't recall these nations coming against the beloved city and fire coming down from God to devour them.

I was a pretty good student back in my school days, but I don't recall any of these events ever being recorded in history books. In fact, I recall that period between 70 A.D. and 1070 A.D. as being called the Dark Ages. That's a strange name for Christ's Millennial Kingdom.

5. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

Where was he mistaken? Where in all this does it show he was mistaken? He said there would be believers alive and remaining when Christ returned. If "we" are believers in this time period then "we" may be alive and remaining when Christ returns. Paul was not mistaken, he was looking for an immient return in his time just was we are today. We are closer to it than He was but it doesn't mean that Christ won't return soon. The believers at that time weren't lied to anymore than we are, Christ said He would return, they expectantly waited for that return, it could have happened then just as it could happen this year. We are to be ever faithful in watching and loving His appearing.

1 Timothy 6:13I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things, and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good confession;

14That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

15Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;

Verse 14 Christ will appear and he even said when in verse 15, in His times He shall shew. Paul never lied about it he said Christ would appear in His time not man's time.

2 Timothy 4: 7I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

8Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

Those who love His appearing will receive a crown of righteousness. Seems real clear Paul anticipated His appearing as imminent.

Then Peter also talked about our day and that the appearing of Christ was yet future.
    2 Peter 3:2That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Saviour:

3Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,

4And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

5For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6Whereby the world that then was, being overflowed with water, perished:

7But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Boy was right about them being willing ignorant scoffers. They weren't scoffing in 70 A.D. so Peter was speaking of a yet future time. Paul was talking about Christ return as was John and others at that time, they were expectantly waiting.
    Just in as they scoffed in Noah's time they are scoffing now.

#25 revmwc, May 10, 2011
  6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

It is not worth googling.
    You should be treated the same way that we treated the Oneness Pentecostals before they were banned for their heresies--mainly the denial of the trinity. (No group that denies the trinity is permitted to post here.)

This took place in the Other Religions Forum. We had made the stipulation they could not post any URL's to their sites. We did not want sites advertising heresies on this board. Thus they had to defend their position without posting their own authorities, for they couldn't quote them and give credit without posting a URL.

Bottom line is this: If you are unable to stand behind your own theology without telling someone to hit the road and do his own research, you don't really belong here. If you can't defend your own position when asked a question, then why are you here? To tell a poster "Go and google it" is unacceptable.

If what you believe is "your faith" and you cannot "contend for your faith" as Jude commands us to, then your faith is not worth having, is it?

This is a debate forum. If you don't want to debate then sign off and go somewhere else. Don't be telling others to go and google it. Be prepared to defend your position.

7. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded." -- Yogi Berra

8. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am really amazed that you, DHK, are a moderator. Did you even read what I wrote - for content?

I wasn't telling people to Google Preterism so I could sell them on Preterism. I was just telling Winman that one needs to just Google "Preterism" (the word) to see that Winman's assertion that "nobody is buying it [Preterism]" is without foundation.

And that is the reason why I gave the Casey Stengel quote (wrongly attributing it to Yogi Berra. Thanks, InTheLight, for the correction).

No, DHK, I am quite willing to defend Preterism, but only with those who at least read my posts with a certain level of understanding. This excludes you, at least from what I have seen so far.

9. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And this has nothing to do with me. It is a transparent attempt at guilt-by-association smear. But I have come to expect these kinds of things from you.

10. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

No, he is just showing that IF you persist in continuing to deny 2 cardinal truths of the Bible and Christianity...

that Jesus will one day have a literal physical return and that the saints will have a physical resurrection at that time to a gloried state than those views DO put someone outside the "pale of orthodoxy!"

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

Oh, I know a very small minority are preterist, I have gone to sites and read before.

But the vast majority will always reject it simply because they did not see it happen. In addition, your view does not agree with scripture that I have posted before. When Jesus comes it will be to defend Jerusalem, not destroy it. He will destroy the armies that come against Jerusalem. This did not happen in 70 A.D.. We do not see the Millennial Kingdom, we do not see the saints judging the nations, we have not seen a time of peace or when men will live long ages as on the pre-flood earth.

You explain how we missed all this and I will give your view more consideration.

12. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which of these two groups believes in the resurrection? The Pharisees or the Sadducees? (I now present an easy way to remember.)

The Sadducees do not believe in the resurrection, and it makes them sad, you see...

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul was neither wrong or misleading according to the futurist view for this reason:

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.​

Paul didn't know, neither do we. His expectation that it would be in his life time perhaps, just as ours.

The early church fathers contemporary with the apostles (Clement, Ignatius, Polycarp, Papias, Justin Martyr, etc) knew nothing of the Second Coming as occuring in AD70. Many of these men preceded the events of AD70 and went on in life afterwards without a word as to the Second Coming having been fulfilled in AD70. Papias was also a disciple of John.

As a fulfilment of "the days of vengeance", yes, but in all of my research from our first protracted debate, I found nothing to suggest that this was considered a fulfilment of the Second Coming of Jesus Christ and the advent of the millennium.

These men expected a bodily and visible return of Christ which is witnessed in their writings much of which I posted during the last episode.

And on into the subsequent centuries the church looking for His bodily return with no evidence that I could find that equated AD70 as fulfilment of the Second Coming.

Tom, if you state that the futurist position is wrong or misleading then you must agree that the church at large has been misled from the apostolic early church fathers to this present day (preterists excepted).

HankD

#33 HankD, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  14. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But, Hank, it was not an expectation. It was a frank assertion: "We who are alive and remain". "He didn't know"? He wrote as if he did know.

"We" - Paul, Silas, Timothy, the other Apostles, perhaps, the readers, the saints elsewhere at the time.

"who are alive" - as opposed to not dead. He means clearly that some will be alive still at the Parousia. He does not say, "It is likely that we will live to this time." or "It is hoped for that we will live to this time." No, he boldly announces in the dogmatic indicative "We who are alive and remain."

That is overstating it. See my earlier post on Clement and the others. I could also say that the early Church Fathers quickly - very quickly - lost sight of basic tenets of Christianity so as to plummet Christendom into such foreign practices as celibacy, monasticism, an overly authoritarian leadership along with many other abuses. Do we credit the ECF as authoritative on one facet of Christianity and ignore the others?

When they speak what we want we own them as "fathers". When we disagree we realize that they are just flesh and blood, prone to error.

I am quite willing to consider them along those latter lines. And also to consider all men - myself included - "liars". I am just going by what the Bible says. That is what led me to Preterism, taking Paul's and Christ's words at face value.

#34 asterisktom, May 10, 2011
  15. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

I asked you this in another post never answered:

What things must come to pass before that generation which sees them passes away?
    Take the full context of the verse not just one verse. The context tells us the generation that shall not pass away until all these things are accomplished:
    Matthew 24: 3And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

4And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

5For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

6And ye shall hear of wars and rumours of wars: see that ye be not troubled: for all these things must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

7For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

8All these are the beginning of sorrows.

These events continiue to occur in our world today. The churche rptured out and then will come the Tribualation.

9Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

10And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

14And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

16Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Then comes Jesus at His secind coming to rule and reign on the earth in His Kingdom.

30And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

31And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

32Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:

33So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

34Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

The generation that sees the return of the Lord will not pass away until they have seen all fulfilled.

35Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

After the reign of Christ for 1000 years

36But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

37But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

38For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

39And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

40Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

The unbeliever taken the believer left in both verses.

41Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

We are to be watchful for our Lord's return for His bride the church.

42Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

43But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.

44Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

45Who then is a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his household, to give them meat in due season?

46Blessed is that servant, whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing.

47Verily I say unto you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods.

48But and if that evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming;

49And shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the drunken;

50The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of,

51And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

When Christ returns for His second advent one is taken and condemned for their unbelief the other of that generation is left to enter into His kingdom. So that generation which sahall see these things shall not pass until it has all come to pass.

16. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

And this:
    Isaiah 16:
    5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Couple with Amos 9:8 Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD.

9 For, lo, I will command, and I will sift the house of Israel among all nations, like as corn is sifted in a sieve, yet shall not the least grain fall upon the earth.

10 All the sinners of my people shall die by the sword, which say, The evil shall not overtake nor prevent us.

11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

13 Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that the plowman shall overtake the reaper, and the treader of grapes him that soweth seed; and the mountains shall drop sweet wine, and all the hills shall melt.

14 And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them.

15 And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God.

Acts 15:15 And to this agree the words of the prophets(Isaiah & Amos); as it is written,

16 After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:

17 That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

The Messiah was to come and sit on the Throne of David. Christ will in the Millinial Kingdom sit on the Throne of David and rule the whole world.

Luke 1: 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

32He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

He shall sit on the Throne of His Father David, Jesus has yet to sit on that throne, it says it is everlasting and if you look at the book of Reveleation 21: 1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

Then we see Revelation 21:23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it.

Jesus rules 1000 years on the earthly throne of David (Israel) in the Millinial Kingdom and then for eternity in the New Jerusalem, the Eternal Kingdom.

17. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

And this:
    As you will see Acts was a quote from Isaiah and Amos that after the Jews had been dispersed not once but twice God would bring them back and the Messiah wouldsit on the earthly throne. Revelation 20 shows the nations of the world coming to Jerusalem to Zion to do homage to the King sitting on Davids throne, this is an earthly kingdom and Christ is not currently sitting on the earthly throne. In factt we are told He is seated at the Fathers right hand.

Ephesians 1:19 And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe, according to the working of his mighty power,

20 Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places,

21 Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this world, but also in that which is to come:

Verse 21 there is another world yet to come, Revelation 21 tells us of this new world to come. Hebrews 1:10And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

11They shall perish; but thou remainest; and they all shall wax old as doth a garment;

12And as a vesture shalt thou fold them up, and they shall be changed: but thou art the same, and thy years shall not fail.

13But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Chrsit enemies have yet to be made his footstool, Revelation 19 & 20 say He will conquer them and then rule on the earth.

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Christ has not yet ruled on earth, the Governement of Israel has never rested upon His shoulders, it is yet a future kingdom.

18. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

And this:

The Jews hadn't even read Revelation 20, had the Jews really followed scripture they would have known the Messiah would be killed.

Daniel 9:24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Messiah would come in the 69th week, since the weeks were weeks of 7 year periods that would mean that the Messiah would come from the decree to rebuild the city until the Messiah was cut off would be 483 years. After the street and walls were rebuilt would be 434 years. The Jews should have known by Daniels prophecy the Messiah would come and be cutoff (die). That would leave one week to full the prophecy of the covenant to be confirmed with Israel that would be a 7 year period of time. This has yet to occur and is the Tribulation period seen by John from Revelation 4 to Revelation 20, when the Kingdom is ushered in for 1000 year reign of Christ.

Daniel 7: 22 Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the most High; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.

The ancient of days is the reference to Christ, He will come and rule with His saints as they possess the Kingdom.

19. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I answered. You didn't recognize the answer - just like you didn't recognize the nature of Christ's coming.

As i have time I might go over some of those verses you mentioned, but this general answer might suffice for now.

20. revmwc

revmwc Well-Known Member

And there was no answer to this one:

That a true kingdom with Christ reigning for Israel is coming and that a temple and sacrifices will be re-instituted we look to Ezekial:
    Ezekial 37:21And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:

22And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.

23Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwellingplaces, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.

24And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.

David won't be risen from the Dead but Jesus has and will return bodily to reign.
    25And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

26Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.

27My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

28And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.

Ezekial 39:7So will I make my holy name known in the midst of my people Israel; and I will not let them pollute my holy name any more: and the heathen shall know that I am the LORD, the Holy One in Israel.

8Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord GOD; this is the day whereof I have spoken.

9And they that dwell in the cities of Israel shall go forth, and shall set on fire and burn the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bows and the arrows, and the handstaves, and the spears, and they shall burn them with fire seven years:

10So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut down any out of the forests; for they shall burn the weapons with fire: and they shall spoil those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord GOD.

11And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will give unto Gog a place there of graves in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the east of the sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers: and there shall they bury Gog and all his multitude: and they shall call it The valley of Hamongog.

12And seven months shall the house of Israel be burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.

13Yea, all the people of the land shall bury them; and it shall be to them a renown the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord GOD.

14And they shall sever out men of continual employment, passing through the land to bury with the passengers those that remain upon the face of the earth, to cleanse it: after the end of seven months shall they search.

15And the passengers that pass through the land, when any seeth a man's bone, then shall he set up a sign by it, till the buriers have buried it in the valley of Hamongog.

16And also the name of the city shall be Hamonah. Thus shall they cleanse the land.

17And, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD; Speak unto every feathered fowl, and to every beast of the field, Assemble yourselves, and come; gather yourselves on every side to my sacrifice that I do sacrifice for you, even a great sacrifice upon the mountains of Israel, that ye may eat flesh, and drink blood.

18Ye shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth, of rams, of lambs, and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.

19And ye shall eat fat till ye be full, and drink blood till ye be drunken, of my sacrifice which I have sacrificed for you.

20Thus ye shall be filled at my table with horses and chariots, with mighty men, and with all men of war, saith the Lord GOD.

21And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid upon them.

22So the house of Israel shall know that I am the LORD their God from that day and forward.

23And the heathen shall know that the house of Israel went into captivity for their iniquity: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gave them into the hand of their enemies: so fell they all by the sword.

24According to their uncleanness and according to their transgressions have I done unto them, and hid my face from them.

25Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD; Now will I bring again the captivity of Jacob, and have mercy upon the whole house of Israel, and will be jealous for my holy name;

26After that they have borne their shame, and all their trespasses whereby they have trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their land, and none made them afraid.

27When I have brought them again from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies' lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

28Then shall they know that I am the LORD their God, which caused them to be led into captivity among the heathen: but I have gathered them unto their own land, and have left none of them any more there.

29Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel, saith the Lord GOD.

Ezekial 43: 4And the glory of the LORD came into the house by the way of the gate whose prospect is toward the east.

5So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.

6And I heard him speaking unto me out of the house; and the man stood by me.

7And he said unto me, Son of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feet, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for ever, and my holy name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredom, nor by the carcases of their kings in their high places.

8 In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my posts, and the wall between me and them, they have even defiled my holy name by their abominations that they have committed: wherefore I have consumed them in mine anger.

In 70 A.D. there was no descendent of David reigning on Israel throne, they have yet to have the peace described, and there is no mass grave of Gog in a place called hamongog, all of this is yet future and on the earth.

you definitely didn't answer this one.