1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Green Bay v. Dallas

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Alcott, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This Thursday night NFL Network game is one with a bit of history behind it. One of the most famous-- and in some polls voted the most well-known-- championship games in NFL history was the Ice Bowl of Dec. 31, 1967; players having problems from frostbite for the rest of their lives, and the game marking the end of the Lombardi Dynasty of the 60's. Then 3 decades later, when Green Bay finally returned to a championship level, the Cowboys have been a thorn in their side, with their win over the Packers in the 1995 NFC Championship nestled among the current streak of 8 straight wins for Dallas at Texas Stadium While it's now taken both teams almost a decade to get back to championship level, it seems that once again 'the seeds cast upon the waters have returned,' or some such analogy. All I'm really saying is that when Dallas and Green Bay are both at the top of the league-- or at least the conference-- it makes for a good rivalry. Dallas/Washington has been a good one at times, and going further back so has Green Bay/Chicago. But D/GB is one that never lasts, but does recur, so I like it when it's here.

And I think the home field advantage for either team will continue. Dallas 30, Green Bay 24.

2. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Congrats to RICK Romo

Did you all hearGumball's broadcast last night on the NFL network - what a joke. He kept calling Dallas the Packers and at the end of the game he said to stand by for the interview with Rick Romo - still waiting for that one.

3. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Bryant Gumball. :laugh:

Did you intend that to be a joke? I don't know why I think that's so funny, but it is. His actual name is Bryan Gumbel.

I was doing my usual complaining at announcers and trying to tell Gumbel to shutup so Cris Collinsworth could get a word in. At the beginning of the game, I counted no less than 3 times where Collinsworth got cut off right when he was starting to talk.

That was a far more entertaining game than I thought it would be. I nearly shut it off when it hit 27-10. What I don't understand is why McCarthy went for the FG and made it 34-27 instead of going for the TD to make it 34-31. The Packers D didn't make one stop in the 2nd half, unless you count the gift INT in the endzone.

4. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Yes I meant Gumball - used to call his brother that on the NBC today show!

5. Jimmy C

Jimmy C New Member

Pack played a good game after Favre went out, that kid could be a good one - he reminded me of Romo a bit. He was able to slip some potential sacks and got the ball where it needed to be.

I think Dallas let up a bit when the backup came in , and it about bit them.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am looking forward to Dallas winning the rematch with New England in the Super Bowl. :thumbs:

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I didn't get home until 11:30 last night, so I had to watch my recording of the game, managing to keep from hearing or reading a thing about it before then. Favre's injury did change the course of the game and picked up their offense. Dallas really knew GB's strengths and tendencies with Favre in the game, but then they largely succombed to a situation I've seen many times. A new QB goes in, especially a young unexperienced one with a quick and aggressive nature, and things happen, though it's still usually a lost game. That term "quarterback controversey" is born of such games, though with Favre and Green Bay I don't know. Romo's replacement of Bledsoe last year wasn't the same, because the veteran Bledsoe was not deeply entrenched in Dallas fans' psyche.

Anyway, if these 2 do meet again in the playoffs, the difference could be Charles Woodson; that CB in the game trying to cover Owens seemed to have no idea. And GB blitzed very little but still couldn't cover.

8. steveo

steveo New Member

I'm with you on that one, even though the Pats look tough to beat.The colts might beat them though with Harrison back in.

9. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Go Colts! :thumbs:

10. steveo

steveo New Member

We could see a superbowl with the colts and cowboys or maybe even the packers or steelers. It would be exciting and remind me of the old classics.
    Its good to see Americas team back in the saddle. ( theres going to be some heat for saying this)