1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Greg Laurie

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Jun 16, 2007.

?
  1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  2. No

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  3. I Don't Know

5 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. rbell

rbell Active Member

I think there is no "next Billy Graham."

I know what you meant by your question, Martin...we all know there is no replacing BG.

But my answer isn't really about Greg Laurie. It's about us. I think our country is light years away from where it was when Graham started his ministry.

I'm afraid that the large-scale receptivity to the Gospel that we saw during much of Dr. Graham's years of preaching no longer seems to exist.

We're so different now.

Hope I'm wrong...I hope Laurie reaches many with the Gospel.

3. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Why are we so concerned about the next Billy Graham?

Why not be just who we are.

4. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually I tend to agree with rbell's comments on this. This is not about him trying to be like Billy Graham, though both have simular styles, this is about his position in the church community. I only asked the question because of the very large crowds the Harvest crusades attract.

5. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

He came to Winston several years ago and he's very good. Straightforward, truthful, passionate. Ron and I worked as counselors each night at the colleseum. There were not nearly enough. If you live in an area where he is, please consider helping.

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I forgot to add that he has a good sense of humor too.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

In fact, Billy Graham didn't know he was going to be the Billy he turned out to be. He was just a piece of clay in the hands of the Great Potter.

John Pollock's biography on Dr. Graham is a wonderful read. While Greg Laurie has a wonderful ministry, like Dr. Graham, the Great Potter will do what He so desires with Laurie's ministry.

I remember when Time magazine had TD Jakes on its cover as the next Billy Graham.

I still like the idea that God is the Potter and we the clay.

8. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I have to agree with others here, there is only one Billy Graham; just like there was only one DL Moody, Billy Sunday, George Finney, George Whitfield, etc.
    If God would choose to send another great evangelist into the US and world...it will be one who will be sent for such a time as this.

9. ShotGunWillie

ShotGunWillie New Member

Are we talking about the old Billy Graham or the one he has turned out to be over the years?