1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gregg Smartens up!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, Feb 12, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your denying the failed policies of your side, Pastor Mitchell, does change the truth. Your side is responsible for the worst mess since 1929(which your side caused, also). Your side should hang your heads in shame.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You conveniently ignore the Carter admin. Any way Boxer and company denied there was a mortgage problem years ago when Repubs were saying ti was real. All the talking points cannot change that.

3. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I know Ron Paul was against the bail out... I support Ron Paul and wish he were my President.

I was merely asking in the hope to spark some of my other Christian friends that think/thought Ron Paul was/is a kook.... He is one of a very few in these troubling times that would have helped our country do the right thing.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

There is nothing stupid about it. Obama is messing up big time. He can't control the people in his own party. He keeps making rookie mistakes. His handlers either aren't giving him good advice or he isn't listening well.

These things will probably smooth out over time, but this is what many of us saw from the beginning. Obama didn't have the experience, wisdom, or judgment to be thrown into this position.

5. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not all. Trillions of dollars did not have to be guaranteed to save banks during the Carter administration but they did during the Bush administration.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Another inane statement by you, PL. You are losing what little credibility as a poster that you may have left with objective readers.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

I see you ignored the rest of my post. Since you see, in your own mind, that you win in any debate you have with me then here is your chance Ken. Prove your assertion instead of making vague and unsubstantiated claims as you often do. Let's see what you got. Address the rest of that post.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

He speaks with more clarity and credibility than any of the flip flopping posts you have made in quite a while. You have some audacity making such claims against anyone else. You owe him an apology.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's been a long, long time since you have seen any flip-flops from me, Pastor Mitchell, and you know it.

11. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    First off, the Bush administration was the definition of MODERATE, not conservative. Their economic policies were not "laissez-faire". It would be more like "future tax-payer beware", we are loading your children with an unprecedented tax burden.

Bush did not have conservative policies. They grew the size and influence of the federal government. They increased the budget deficeit. They allowed demoncrats to write many of the "reforms" that took place.

The Obama adminstration is taking up EXACTLY where the Bush adminstration left off. They are giving "modest" tax cuts and expanding federal spending and federal oversite.

The Obama adminstration is the Bush adminstration on steroids.

peace to you:praying:

12. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, the Repugnants are part of the conservative party. Most conservatives are stuck with the Repugnants.

13. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama is just doing more of what Bush did over the last 8 years. The only difference, less tax cuts and more spending.

The Obama Adminstration is the Bush adminstration on steroids.

peace to you:praying:

14. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

How would you be able to judge either of these charges? You have shown that you wouldn't know an inane statement if it hit you in the face and you have never been confused with anything remotely objective. I don't think anyone here believes you ... not even the people on your side who support Obama. My guess is they laugh their heads off with the rest of us.