1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grey area's that the bible doesn't talk about

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by TBLADY, Jun 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TBLADY

TBLADY New Member

AMEN! There is a peace about knowing it isn't me, who has to "win" someone to Christ. It isn't me who has to be eliquent and say all the right words, it isn't MY fault if someone doesn't get saved. It's all about God bringing people to himself through his resourses, me being one of them

Even the fact that he chose some and not others is out of my hands, no matter how "good" they are. Scarlett gave a great verse...in heaven we will have all tears wiped away...and will be focused on christ not our loved ones.

2. TBLADY

TBLADY New Member

I have been to two such churches and know of several others who believe EXACTLY these things. And I live in a very liberal state. So I would assume it is more prevelent back East. Not only that it doesn't matter if only a few do, the fact is, there are Christian churches that do and even some that go to even more extremes...like the brethern churches.

All I am saying is alot of scripture is open to ones own interpetation.

[Removed discussion of human sexuality in an open public forum] And no one has expalined how the bible deals with mental illness, are all mentally ill people demon possesed?

The bible is silent

#42 TBLADY, Jun 8, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2007
  3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Two questions:

1) What about the 'Crown of Life' that will be rewarded to us in Heaven for 'winning' souls?

2) What about the 'Great Commission'?

4. TBLADY

TBLADY New Member

You are right according to 1 Cor chapter 3 our FAITHFULNESS will be rewarded. So what does that have to do with the fact that only what we allow God to do THROUGH us will matter? And anything we have done in our OWN strength will burn away. Still all goes back to God doing the work....Amen he gets the glory not I.

Now sure what you said has anything to refute what i said?

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The Bible is not silent on such issues. If you are referring to homosexuality, and it seems you are, then you are way off base. No one is born "into the wrong sex." That makes God sinful, cruel and vindictive. God makes no mistakes. How dare you accuse God of no knowing what he is doing, and being ignorant of his own creation.

Romans 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

The problem is a sin problem. If you don't like the shape of your nose, and you complain about it, you are insulting the God who made you that way. If you say you were born with the wrong sex you are complaining to God who made you that way, and saying that He was the one who made the mistake, not you. You are looking for a way out, an excuse for sin. Homosexuality is sin; a choice; a chosen lifestyle. No one is born that way. God makes no mistakes. He created them "male and femalie."
    Romans one tells how man and women abuse their own bodies, on purpose, sinfuly. There is no excuse. No one is born a homosexual. How dare you accuse God with sin.

#45 DHK, Jun 8, 2007
  6. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

But we have to allow Him to work through us and we don't usually do that by not witnessing. And, of course, God gets all the glory!

7. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Moderator's Note: Sorry folks but I must remind you all of the sticky notice at the top of this forum. The Baptist Board does not allow the discussion of topics dealing with human sexuality in an open public forum. If you wish to have such a discussion it must be posted in either the Private Men's Forum or the Private Women's Forum depending on the gender of the person making the opening post. Any further posts in this thread containing discussion of or references to homosexuality or "being born in the wrong body" etc. will be deleted post haste.

8. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

The problem here is that you are placing the person (or people) doing the interpretation as the authority over the Word of God; rather than, allowing the Word of God to be the final authority over the person (people). There is only one correct and proper interpretation of the Word. That is the interpretation and meaning that the Holy Spirit intended when He inspired the writing of the Word. It is up to us to use time tested and proven hermenetuical principles and solid exegesis of the biblical text to arrive at the interpretation and meaning that the Holy Spirit intended.

9. Sephora

Sephora New Member

I think she raised a very good question. If the bible addresses every subject then why so many different interpretations on so many subjects.
    why can't everyone agree? There are gray area's and everyone knows it.

10. Sephora

Sephora New Member

Why did my post get deleted?

11. Sephora

Sephora New Member

I see tblady was banned what's wrong moderators can't deal with someone who actually knows the scriptures better than they do and what is real and not real.

Takes 4 moderators just to argue with one person and they lose so they ban her.

12. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Previously posted on the previous page.

Moderator's Note: Sorry folks but I must remind you all of the sticky notice at the top of this forum. The Baptist Board does not allow the discussion of topics dealing with human sexuality in an open public forum. If you wish to have such a discussion it must be posted in either the Private Men's Forum or the Private Women's Forum depending on the gender of the person making the opening post. Any further posts in this thread containing discussion of or references to homosexuality or "being born in the wrong body" etc. will be deleted post haste.

#52 Bible-boy, Jun 8, 2007
  13. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Go back and read the various threads in which TBLADY started and was posting in. She did not debate from the position of the Scriptures, but rather from the position of secular studies. When confronted with the Scriptures she was unable to answer them. However, that is not the reason she was banned. It was an administrative decision based on many factors.

14. Sephora

Sephora New Member

I see more scripture from tblady who i personally know. I know she knows her bible and from what I have read lately knows it more than you or blessed 16. Bible boy isn't too bad, howbeit not all that knowledgeable either.

You had very poor come backs dhk, no one can argue with statistics, they speak for themselves. You folks are afraid of something what it is I do not know? If people actually knew what they were talking about and can back it up, nothing anyone writes can make them afraid to confront it. You just didn't like being told you were wrong and is more than likely the reason she was banned.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Statistics are misused all the time. Look at her last post in this thread. It was not Scriptural. It was totally against what the Bible says. It was based on flawed unscientific studies. She preferred those studies rather than the Bible. I refuted it with the Bible. God is the potter; we are the clay. We cannot complain against him for the way that he made us. It is sin to do so.

16. Sephora

Sephora New Member

I read her post, I answered it. You deleted it. You have a very hard time with facts

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

it wasn't me that deleted it, and I didn't realize it had been deleted. There were no facts presented in it; only misinformation--lies. If the truth had been presented she would have been able to document it. But she couldn't. Neither could she support it with the Bible. Facts are substantiated with the Bible which says about Christ "I am the truth." All truth emanates from Him.

18. Sephora

Sephora New Member

if you didn't read it how could you know she misquoted and had misinformation in it?
    You just contradicted yourself

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You are very much confused. I read very carefully what she said; answered her; and then some time after that, even after your post was deleted, was her post deleted. You are not very observant are you?

20. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Her post was in clear violation of the Baptist Board policy posted as a sticky note at the top of this forum. I tried to leave her post and simply warn everyone that followed it with the following warning:

However, you and another poster ignored my warning, quoted her post that was in violation of the clearly stated policy, and attempted to continue the discussion. Therefore, I deleted your post, the one that followed it (made by another poster), edited out DHK's quotation of her post, and edited the part of her post that was in violation of the Baptist Board policy.

#60 Bible-boy, Jun 8, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.