1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Grudem's "Systematic Theology"

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by 3John2, Dec 7, 2003.

1. 3John2

3John2 New Member

I am working my way through Grudem's "Systematic Theology" & I'm very impressed by his style of writing. Just wondering if anyone else here has worked there way through it or sat under his teaching?

2. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not yet. But I hope to go through the book during semester break.

3. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

Have read the book, and saw him at the meeting of the Evangelical Theological Society a few weeks back when my husband presented a paper there.

4. JamesJ

JamesJ New Member

He has explained the "first cause / second cause" doctrine, and how we are allowed to make "willing choices" the most clearly of all other writers that I've read. His explanation of the two extremes (calvininsm and armininism) and what the differences are are very clear.

5. 3John2

3John2 New Member

I am very impressed by it though I have not finished it yet. I definately plan on checking out some more of his work. I also heard he had something to do with the ESV translation. Does anyone know if this is true?