1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Guilt by association...

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by OSAS, May 10, 2002.

1. Counselor

Counselor New Member

First let me say that it is refreshing to see that Mr. Vestal and I are on the same page concerning this topic [​IMG]
    Secondly, longshot, I would not let my daughters go to a sleepover being held in a house of non-believers, I would not go to an office party where the majority of those in attendance would be non-believers. I stand firmly on II Cor. 6:17 "...come out from among them and be ye separate..." In your case it worked for good, Praise the Lord! But, that is the exception not the rule. I have seen too many "good" people go bad because of the influence of the sinner.
    You wouldn't want a rabid dog around the house, why would you want to rub shoulders with the unsaved? I'm sure there are a number of christians to fellowship with, reach the lost, spread the gospel, but mingle with the saints.
    Stan

2. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No they don't.... Like I said in an earlier answer before, they are doing a mighty fine job. If I was still on the other side of the coin, I would be proud of how they have done with you.

If it keeps you from Satans influence to disrupt God's plan, Yes. And what if the Anti-Christ were on the board? Defend him too because he is such a nice guy?

3. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is nice to see thay haven't reached everyone yet!
    Exactly, there is a difference between witnessing, and purposely playing into the hands of those who further Satan's agenda.... Look at chekmate in the FFA forums... He specifically posts 3 topics in a row baiting folks to come play, it is sad to see how much control they have over christians that they can bait posts, sit back and laugh as the christians scramble to post. It is classic, they are well versed in the manipulation of the saved...

It only takes a small amount of doubt to get the ball rolling... From there on it is downhill.

[ May 11, 2002, 01:32 AM: Message edited by: Guy Vestal ]

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What exactly does that mean? Are you referring to a version or what? Which one? Just want to know before I respond. [​IMG]
    Gina

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Guy, I did read your second post.
    The Baptist Board is not church.
    The world is not church.
    The BB is not church.
    Church is where I go to worship and learn about God. It is a time and place set apart. The rest of the world is the workplace.
    Gina

6. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

No they don't.... Like I said in an earlier answer before, they are doing a mighty fine job. If I was still on the other side of the coin, I would be proud of how they have done with you.

If it keeps you from Satans influence to disrupt God's plan, Yes. And what if the Anti-Christ were on the board? Defend him too because he is such a nice guy?
    </font>[/QUOTE]What exactly have they done with me? And HOW are they rubbing off on me? What have I said or done for you to come to whatever conclusion you're coming to? Because I stand up for God still? Because I don't run from their questions anymore? Because I give a reason for what I believe instead of ignoring them?

When have I defended their beliefs?
    You've made some serious accusations about me. Defend them.
    Gina

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Hi Guy,
    You have raised some good points. I have posted in the Other Religions forum, probably more than in any other place on this board, and that is just as bad as the Free For All Forum, where many of the atheists post. In both areas people are posting heretical doctrine. I find it challenging to answer another's post. We are commanded:
    1Pet.3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:
    Jude 3 Ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints.

I have learned much from this board, simply by being in a position where I have had to defend my faith. I myself have been teaching for some years now. But the teacher always learns more than the students. The Lord expects the same of us. "Be ready always to give an answer to every man."
    Like Helen, I have received some emails that have encouraged me to keep posting, because something I may have said was an encouragement to them, or helped them in some way. I look at it as a mission field or an opportunity that one would not otherwise have.
    DHK

8. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The stated goal of the BaptistBoard is primarilly for fellowship, instruction, interaction of and for baptists. The others who post, in very limited forum and now very limited in number (non believers may not join and post) should be dealt with with civility and kindness, as we become all things to all men to win some.

I simply fail to find time to go to the forums where they participate, being too busy reading threads like this in the Baptist-only section! [​IMG]

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ..But, I don't believe we should have a relationship with non believers the way we would with believers.&gt;&gt;

You mean like Jesus had with Judas?

HankD

10. hrhema

hrhema New Member

The Pharisees and the Sadduccees despised Jesus because as each gospel states he ate with sinners.
    With publicans, tax collectors and with HARLOTS.

Jesus told them that the sick need a physician so he came to take care of the sin sick world.

I think eating with sinners is the same thing as fellowshipping with them.

Let's not forget the prostitute that came to Simon the Pharisees home and anointed Jesus feet with oil. THis really angered the religious leaders.

One of the twelve disciples was Judas Iscariot who not only betrayed Jesus but the Bible called him a thief. That he stole from the purse. Another disciple was Simon who history said belonged to the Zealots. A band of men who murdered and pillaged. Whose leader Barrabbas was set free while Jesus was crucified.

One of the women that followed Jesus, Mary Magdalene at one time had had 7 demons in her. Jesus also sat down with an adulteress woman in Samaria and had a long discussion with her. She had been married 5 times and now living with someone.

Did not David leave Israel to escape King Saul and went to Philistia. The enemies of Israel.
    Pagans. Idol Worshipers. Here he dwelt for a few years among unbelievers.

When we were told to separate ourselves from the world this was talking about the way we act, dress, talk etc. God knows we are in this world we just are not of this world.

We are the light unto this wicked world and Jesus told us not to hide our light from the world and that is exactly what you are telling us to do.

If a person is a true believer no unbeliever or atheist or pagan is going to sway our beliefs but the Holy Spirit through us may reach to their souls.

Jesus went to Zachaeus home, a tax collector.
    Jesus called another disciple, Matthew the tax collector.

I don't think Jesus literally separated himself from unbelievers or pagans but he was in the very midst of them. He was known as the FRIEND OF SINNERS.

11. Counselor

Counselor New Member

Yes, but... Jesus was GOD. He could not be led to sin. We as mere mortals must have a bit more caution, why else would He say come out from among them and be ye separate?
    Again, witnessing is one thing... fellowship is another.

12. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither one of my posts had to do with the bible. Your quickness to throw in an irrelevant quote, and lack of even an attempt at original thought gives me the impression of you being one who follows along with the in crowd, it would be the same as a "mee too" or an "amen" without even considering the original post. Your comment was to impress, nothing more. I wasn't impressed, so I called you on it.

13. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did you?
    Is that what my post was about? 2 or more seem to be gathered here.
    Really? How do you figure?
    I got that the first time.
    So your learning about God, and Worshippping him exists ONLY on Sunday?

14. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at your posts, listen to what you say. You are falling into the "Herd Mentality" that they claim runs so rampant in christians today! You throw out cliche's/quotes that have have nothing to do with the thread. You are acting as if you are one of the "Joneses". It is what they feed on, a persons need for acceptance.
    Because you so strongly defend those who have come to destroy you.
    Because you play right into their hands, you jump when they call you through their "bait". They are here to act as puppeteers, and they have some christians here dancing like Pinocchio.
    You defend their attempts to destroy the NT church, and its commission.
    I would rather defend YOU from their agenda. That was the point of my post you supposedly read.

15. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Those folks in the FFA forums are here for reason only, to disrupt, and to further the agenda of Satan, they are not going to be changed by debate, they will only be strengthened by your debate. Look at how they post, they beg for rebuttal so that they can further post heresy! It is something that has been going on in christian venues for quite some time. When I was a pagan leader, I dispatched folks just like these here to do the exact job they are doing now! They give the appearance that they are searching for answers, when all the time they are posting to further spread doubt. The object is to get the wriiten word down for others to see. To spread again, and again the agenda of Satan. My beef is that their "right" to post has become more important than God. They are repeatedly playing this board and its bandwidth as a fool...

chekmate is the perfect example of an agent...
    Look at his posting pattern, he types 3 posts all having to do with discounting the existance of God, all three in a row..
    May 8 01:16 am
    May 8 01:26 am
    May 8 01:35 am
    I smell a rat, and a very well versed one at that! Those folks in the FFA forums are not here for discussion, they are here to use the baptist board bandwidth to spread the word of Satan. Why use pagan bandwidth when christian bandwidth is so readily available???

These folks have no intention of having anything to do with God, they are here to make fools of the trusting. My posting here is to tell you what they are here for, they are here because "I" began sending them and others to venues like this sometime ago to do what they are doing now.

16. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Assisting in furthering Satan's agenda is ok?
    Actually, the ones you are befriending are the "clever" ones. They use Baptist Board bandwidth to spead satan's word. It goes in the archives to be forever written? Again, what if they were in your church preaching Satan's doctrine? Are they still ok?
    are not?

I see...
    </font>[/QUOTE]Baptist Board is not a church. It is a message board created primarily for Baptists, but with forums for non-Baptists and even non-Christians.

There's a world of difference between the two.

Since it's not up to you whether or not they're allowed here, you have two choices.

One is to ignore them. The other is to engage them (respectfully!) in the arena of ideas.

Either one is perfectly acceptable and I would respect your decision either way.

If you think that Christians should lock themselves in a closet and create some Christian ghetto, then that's fine but that's not what God has called me to do.

If the Christians God had sent to me before I knew Him took the attitude you do, I still might not know Jesus.

Mike

http://www.keylife.org

http://www.randystonehill.com

17. SueLyn

SueLyn New Member

Psalm 46:1 and 2
    God is our refuge and strength,
    A very present help in trouble.
    Therefore we will not fear,
    Even though the earth be removed,
    And though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

I do not fear unbelievers, I do not fear that unbelievers can take me from God.

The Holy Bible, from beginning to end, over and over tells us God will preserve us always. Trust, faith and prayer are God's tools.
    Sue

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

GV: Neither one of my posts had to do with the bible. Your quickness to throw in an irrelevant quote, and lack of even an attempt at original thought gives me the impression of you being one who follows along with the in crowd, it would be the same as a "mee too" or an "amen" without even considering the original post. Your comment was to impress, nothing more. I wasn't impressed, so I called you on it.

Gina: Your original posts looked as if you were trying to convey the idea that being in the other forums that weren't Baptist only is wrong. Later, the verse in Corinthians was used as support of your idea. I believe that the verses meaning was mis-represented to fit the situation, or never was studied in its proper context. If you're going to throw out definitions of right and wrong, be ready to have the Bible involved if I'm involved.
    Meant to impress, and to follow the "in" crowd? Read again. None of the posts up to my first one seemed to be leading up to what I posted. They were more toward your thinking. I posted what I did because I believe it to be true. I used a cliche because it fit what I wanted to say. In case you haven't noticed I don't care much for the opinions of others. I will consider the possiblity that I'm wrong on anything, but my conclusion will have to be based on what I believe the scriptures say.

Again, YES, I read your second post. Thank you for your concern. I do exercise caution in dealing with any non-Christian and will take a break if I know it's wearing on me spiritually.

GV: So your learning about God, and Worshippping him exists ONLY on Sunday? (etc)

Gina: No. I try to make it 24/7. However, Sunday is a time when we get separate physically and get a break and can focus and worship and learn more and be renewed, more so than during the rest of the week. The rest of the week, we worship him by obeying the commandment to GO. NOT clustering up and hiding from those we are supposed to be witnessing to. Apart from church, we are among the world, although separated spiritually. The world is NOT our home. No, it is not church.

GV: Look at your posts, listen to what you say. You are falling into the "Herd Mentality" that they claim runs so rampant in christians today! You throw out cliche's/quotes that have have nothing to do with the thread. You are acting as if you are one of the "Joneses". It is what they feed on, a persons need for acceptance.

Gina: I believe I rarely use cliches. Feel free to tell me some specific posts of mine that are wrong or show that I'm falling or agreeing with anything non-Christian. Please. If you really want to help you would have posted right after mine and pointed it out.

You said I am defending them. I don't see it. Again, how? Where? What did I say?
    I fall into their hands when they bait? People everywhere try to bait and make fools of Christians. As long as I believe that one of them is sincere, I guess I'll be a fool for Christ and continue trying to get the truth across. Even if someone DOES bait you, what you answered them will be remembered, and perhaps thought seriously about later.

GV: You defend their attempts to destroy the NT church, and its commission.

Gina: WHERE?? HOW??
    If I have been doing this, I need to know! I thought I was trying to share/defend it.
    Who else has seen me doing this, because if that's how I'm coming across it's not good at all, and I need to know where and how I'm doing it so it can stop immediately.
    If I am, I fully expect the people of Christ to point it out to me. If more than just you do that, I've obviously got a problem. I'll be waiting.

19. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It is a fellowship where two or more are gathered none the less. It is a service provided free of cost, one would hope that some of the same respect would be shown towards it as one would show the church.

It is not the "genuine seeker" that I am posting about, it is the purposeful "agent of destruction" that I am posting about. Folks here are giving the same level of attention to someone dispatched here to destroy as they do the genuine seeker.

Indeed, there are those seeking, and those who are trying to stop the seeker.

True, it is not my call as to whether or not they are here. But I have many more choices than two. Another choice I have is to expose them for what they are, and to advise those here of their agenda.

Allow them to continue un-hindered...

Assist them in the furtherance of their agenda...

It is that very "respect" that they are counting on!

I choose to stop what I have started. I created them, I will expose them.

I think christians should be aware of what is going on around them.

And God has called me to repair the damage I have done, to expose the very plans I made for your's (and now my) destruction.

You are a quite different person than the intellegence gathering agents of the BB FFA forum.

20. OSAS

OSAS Member

Faith:
    Baptist

Baptists falling into their trap, and running along with their plans is wrong.

Yet you did not quote the person you were directing your post towards... I had no choice but to see your post directed to mine since you were not directing it towards the scriptural quote. I apologize for the mistake.

I purposely refused to throw out scripture because it just become a theological war of who knows scripture better than the other when folks depend on it for sharing an opinion or thought.

That is all I ask, to know who you are dealing with, and be aware they are in no way a seeker, just a destroyer.

I suppose I look at it differently. To each his own. With then end days at hand, I find it the utmost priority to destroy all of the plans I made for the destruction of christianity, there was a time when the destruction of the NT church was a 24/7 priority awaiting the one-world rule that is coming at lightning speed.

Treating them as genuine seekers, as opposed to agents of destruction is defending them from being exposed.

Their idea is to get a reply to their post, then they can use the very apologetics used on them against the poster. The idea is to post as much doubt about God as possible. It doesn't matter what your reply is, all that matters is that you reply so that they can continue on with the posting of more rheteric!

These are people well trained in christian apologetics, they will go to any length to gain any sort of trust that will keep them here to continue on about their agenda. I can also assure you that they have logins claiming to be Baptist. I am counting on them doing that exactly, I am counting on them reading every word I type, and relaying back to my former subordinates. (**Tell Fritz & Wren I said hi! when you are posting the URL to these boards!***)

Look at the post, look at the poster, look at their wording, if you see it as bait, ignore it. Fall into it and reply, and they are being helped in spreading the word via the bandwidth of God. Have the BB webmaster look at his refferral logs, have him see what webpage they are coming from before they get here, he will be surprised!

[ May 11, 2002, 10:52 PM: Message edited by: Guy Vestal ]