Discussion in 'Hobby/Travel Forum' started by James_Newman, Dec 27, 2005.

1. James_Newman

Expand Collapse

Aug 27, 2004
    After almost 12 years, I have obtained a new guitar. I have long since given up my dreams of being a rock star (I cut my hair years ago) but I thought it would be nice to be able to strum some hymns to sing with the family. It's kinda like riding a bike, it all came back to me once I had it in my hands. Also like riding a bike, if you werent doing BMX Supercross before, you won't be doing it now ;) So I guess I am going to make a serious go at learning to play well (or weller than before anyway). Anyone have any tips? I would ask in the music ministry forum, but you know how musicians are (just kidding guys, what we do without you)
  2. John of Japan

John of Japan
    Expand Collapse

Sep 22, 2005

Congratulations on your new guitar. I have a nice Gretsch hollow body electric at home and an acoustic electric at church, kind of a copy of an Ovation (which I would love to have).

Here's how I keep my hand in. Every morning when my wife and I have our family devotions, whoever's turn it is gets to pick a song from the hymnbook, and I play and we sing. Right now, though, we're just going straight through the hymnbook.

God bless!