1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Guns and the Church

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Twin Reverb, Feb 25, 2016.

?

Guns In The Church?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2017.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *laugh* I think that you might need to work on that famous British wit.

2. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Got it! Thanks.

1. This document refers to a Government enquiry on homicide and weapons in the Year 2000, 16 years ago. No statistics that I can see are later than 1997.
    2. Mr. Colin Greenwood was one of over 40 members of the public and associations invited to say their piece. He is/was not a member of the Gov't and his views did not represent Gov't policy then or now. As one reads his submission, he clearly has his own particular axe to grind.
    The reason for this is that if no one has been convicted, nobody knows if the perpetrator was guilty of murder, manslaughter or not guilty due to self-defence. However, in another statistic, looking purely at the use of firearms, no such adjustment is made.

That seems perfectly reasonable to me. Whether that is still the practice 16 years later, I have no idea.

3. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ya know, I tried to google up Colin Greenwood, and all I kept getting back was the bass player for Radiohead.
    :D