1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Gunshot wound indicates Trayvon was atop Zimmerman

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Bro. Curtis, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The prosectution's problem is Florida is an "all or nothing" state. That means either the jury brings back a gulity verdict on the charges brought by the State or it acquits the defendent. The jury can not find the accused gulity of a lesser charge. This is as per an article in today's Wall Street Journal.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then you hav3e not been watching the trial because that is exactly what the prosecution has tried to do.

3. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

That I did not know.

I'd hate to be on that jury if they acquit.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

This news kind of seals the fact Martin wasn't the one screaming help. This trial's over.

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What does where he was almost to have to do with the law?

The law states:

The SYG law says that Trayvon had a right to use force to defend himself. And according to the girlfriend's testimony, he seemed to think Zimmerman was a threat.

Take it up with the law. It says he has the right to do exactly what he did.

That should have been disputed that he WAS over Zimmerman.

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You're 100% correct. I got better things to do than sit around and watch a trial.:laugh:

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? :laugh: The boy wasn't trespassing.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then just maybe you should at least act like you have no idea what your talking about. Since that is a fact anyway.

9. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I don't have to as we all know that you're the resident expert on ALL things.

10. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Noooooo. And God didn't make little green apples.

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Does anyone other than me get the idea that we have a resident TROLL here; strictly based on idiotic posts and responses like an eight year old??
    ???
    ???
    'Course this thread ain't the only one!!

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

God made little green apples. But that doesn't equate to Trayvon trespassing. And the SYG laws allow for force if there is trespassing on YOUR property. He wasn't on Zimmerman's property.

13. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It shows that he was not being stalked, but chose to confront Zimmerman.

Again, the prosecution's own witnesses, including both medical examiners, have testified that Martin was not defending himself, but was the aggressor.

In fact, the prosecution's "star witness", Rachel Jeantel, a close friend of "Traybone" who was on the phone with him at the time of the incident, testified under oath that not only did Martin state he was going to confront Zimmerman, but that when he did not call her back right away, she believed it was because he had gone to fight Zimmerman.

Think about what that means for a minute. Something in "Traybone's" character and past behavior was such that someone the prosecution described as a "close friend" found it reasonable to assume that he had gone to initiate a confrontation.

You seem to be very confident that you know better than the witnesses and investigators what happened that night. If you have evidence contrary to the
    evidence that's been presented thus far, then you have a moral obligation to share it with the AG's office.

Otherwise, you're just making a fool of yourself here.

Please cite the portion of the law, the specific statute, that says "Traybone" had the right to leave the relative safety of "his daddy fiancée house (sic)", turn around, attack Zimmerman, and repeatedly pound his head into the pavement.

#33 JohnDeereFan, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  14. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The media seem reluctant to mention that Martin had been using drugs and their relationship to this event. (The surviving Boston Bomber was also a pothead according to the students at his university.)

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I disagree. The phone calls show that Zimmerman WAS following him.

Haven't seen this. I'll go back and look to see where this was said.

Again, in accordance with the way the Florida SYG law reads, he had the right to confront Zimmerman if he felt an imminent threat. It's a stupid law that opens the door for people to do stupid things. but stupid people made it the law.

Must speak to the character of a whole lot of folks cause they passed the law that said he could do what he did.

Please cite the portion of any law that says Zimmerman had the right to track the young man and put himself in a position in which the young man felt threatened and needed to defend himself?

Please cite the portion of the law that says that he couldn't walk from the store back to his father's house without having some strange man tailing him to do who knows what?

16. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

And it don't rain in Indianapolis in the summer time. :flower:

17. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Off subject;
    Roger Miller songs do hang around for a while. I enjoyed that one and many of his others.

18. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

So trespassing is a capital crime deserving of death?

Seems like Zimmerman bit off more than he could chew while stalking Martin, and when he ended up in a bad situation of his own making, decided to take the coward's way out and kill the young man.

19. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    so the "brave" thing to do, following your statement, is to lay there and let the druggie beat him to death, or to hospital ?

20. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seems to me that there is an aweful lot of "SEEMS TO ME" bouncing around with the arm-chair quarter-backs on this forum.

Many have suggested that Zimmerman was a wannabe cop, & this is what led to all the trouble.

SEEMS TO ME ( :tongue3::tongue3: ) that there are a lotta wannabe lawyers/judges/investigators on this board who want to keep things stirred up because ---- (pick your own reason) ----- but to me, most reasons seem zeroed in on the fact that Martin was black & Zimmerman was not.