1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Gunshot wound indicates Trayvon was atop Zimmerman

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Bro. Curtis, Jul 9, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only comment here I take issue with is "take the coward's way out."

Don't really know you, just as I don't really know anyone else on the board; don't know your background, or what kind of situations you've been in.

If I'm under some guy who's got the advantage, the upper hand, and is beating me, and I start thinking I've bitten off more than I can chew and I may be in serious danger - my background and training says that I'll do whatever it takes to get him off of me.

Now, my background and training and experience, I wouldn't have put myself in that position in the first place. But if I did end up in such a situation, even if it was because of my own stupidity, and I didn't use every weapon available to me - then I didn't try hard enough to protect myself.

If that's "cowardly," then I have to assume you've never actually been in that position yourself.

I don't disagree that Zimmerman brought it on himself; but when it did escalate, and he did find out he bit off more than he could chew, and he did find himself on the receiving end of a serious beat-down ... well, I can understand the frame of mind that says "use whatever weapon I have to stop the pain."

Easy to call it "taking the cowardly way out." Harder to swallow when you find yourself in the same position, despite your best efforts or because of your own stupidity.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The brave thing for the woman beating, resisting officer with violence, drunk to do was to stay in his car and let the police handle police business.

See everybody can play.

#42 Zaac, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2013
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

On point again Don.:applause:

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Old MP just wants to demonize Zimmerman. Because it is the extreme far left thing to do. That is their talking points.

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just saw a little "survey banner" on a news site that asked: "Has the defense created enough reasonable doubt to get Zimmerman off?"

Two problems with this: The phrasing of the question indicates an assumption that Zimmerman is guilty of breaking a law.

Second: I think the prosecution created enough reasonable doubt before the defense ever got started....

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    woman beating ?

but, you see, he didn't stay in his car and let police do their thing, which should've been the right thing to do,
    he was neigborhood watch, and he thought it was right to surveil the druggie and maybe he thought that way so if the druggie did attempt anything BEFORE police got there he could help stop it, or at least point the cops to where the perp went and who the perp was.
    but the fact is he found himself at the receiving end of the beat down, so, should he just have let Trayvon beat him to hospital or the grave ?
    he had a gun, he used it.
    in that situation, it made sense for him.
    how's that cowardly.
    cowardly is if it were an agreed square off, he got beat, and he used a gun on somebody he KNEW to be unarmed.

7. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Since we're bringing up things outside the confrontation, he had a restraining order for domestic violence from an old fiancee.

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Who brought up things outside the confrontation? Drugs were in his system at the time.

9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac,
    I understand the position you were trying to present; however, by your own admission, a lot of the people you're disagreeing with have been paying more attention to the evidence being presented at the trial (THC in his system, what the girlfriend said, etc.)...so their position is actually based more on presented evidence and facts than yours is.

Give it some thought.

10. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I haven't WATCHED the trial. The transcripts are available and I have read those.:thumbs:

Now I actually just turned the trial on and saw the judge asking Zimmerman if he was gonna testify and call anymore witnesses. What judge asks the defendant that?

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He was referred to as a druggie. He was referred to as a thug. Then we might as well refer to Zimmerman as a woman beater and a drunk.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep. Come snooping around my house uninvited and see what happens.

13. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Zimmerman wasn't beating a woman nor drunk that night. Martin was on drugs and a thug. You don't have a point.

14. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

And he was both.

And Zimmerman is neither. You must have a huge supply of straw.

15. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

All you know is that THC was in his system and that could have been in there for days. And you don't know anymore that the kid was a thug than you know that Zimmerman was a thug. So you don't have a point.

16. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Standard Mitch M.O...Rather than present a lucid argument, just sling the word "liberal" or "left" as an invective and call it a day. :thumbs:

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

As was Zimmerman a woman beater and a drunk.

I just borrowed some from your pile.

18. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

While Martin was on top of Zimmerman, pounding his head into the concrete, what should Zimmerman have done?

19. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

He should have thought about that prior to stalking him. If he didn't have a gun, itching to use it, he likely would not have been so bold to do what the cops told him not to do. We also don't know that Martin was indeed doing as you suggest.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

He used racial slurs and beat a smaller man down. Thats the very definition of thug.