1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Had Doctor's Appointment Today...

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by standingfirminChrist, Jul 3, 2008.

1. standingfirminChrist

After a 2 hour and 15 wait at the medical center (Appointment was supposed to be at 2 o'clock after lunch break) the doctor finally came in and talked with me for about 8 minutes. He looked at my ears and nose and throat, listened to my chest and told me the following:

My Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disorder is not in early stages as it was a few months ago, but is now Chronic (I thought that was what the C in COPD was anyway?). My left ear was needing irrigation, the wheeze in my lungs is still there (go figger) and he thinks the problem with my voice is due to (possible) sinus drainage (of which I have still yet to notice).

He said if the voice problem does not clear soon, he may have to go in and do something with the vocal cords... but will wait and see how things go over next month or two.

The nurse came in and gave me a shot of some steroid (in right hip) which hurt like the dickens, irrigated the ear, and sent me on my way with 4 prescriptions for

Albuterol Inhaler
    Singulair 10mg
    Advair 250/50
    and a nasal spray that I cannot read the name of. lol

#1 standingfirminChrist, Jul 3, 2008
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2008
  2. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

sfic - so sorry to hear you are having these problems...I will be praying for you.

3. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

Ron,

You are a friend that I have come to love as a brother in Christ. My return to work is going to be coming up in just a week and a half, if Coca Cola should want me back. Thus I will be online considerably less than I am now. You do have my cell number and you may call me anytime day or night. My prayers go with you my friend.

Your Brother in Christ;

Mel

4. standingfirminChrist

Thanks, Brother Mel.

Forgot your #, can you email it to me, or call me later this evening with it again?

Blessings.

5. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praying for ya, Brother!

6. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I am certainly praying for your COPD.

7. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I, too, have COPD and you're right the 'C' is for Chronic because there is no cure.

Do you have a nebulizer and oxygen to help with the attacks?

I will certainly be praying for you, Ron, as I know first hand how uncomfortable and down right scary these attacks can be.

Blessings,
    §ue

8. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

We will be praying for both of you,Ron and Sue.

9. standingfirminChrist

No, I don't have a nebulizer. The doctor prescribed just the inhalers, Singulair, and Astelin. We brought the prescriptions home with us.

I don't teke any medicines that will affect my thinking process and cloud up my mind.

10. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

My grandson took Singulair and used an Albuterol Inhalor for a year (for Asthma). It sure didn't cloud HIS mind. He got straight A's all the way through and helped us side the house. :)

11. standingfirminChrist

Thanks, Sue:wavey: