1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Half English/Half Spanish TV Commercials Go Mainstream

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jedi Knight, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's obvious--the poor, getting paid less than minimum wage illegal immigrant worker who sends money home to their relatives is EXACTLY the demographic that big Corps are seeking. That's why they broadcast their TV commercials in Spanish.

#61 InTheLight, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  2. Jedi Knight

Jedi Knight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

:type: Indeed.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A Response for those who make up the other half!

Esto es América, y el inglés es el idioma de este país. A la falta de publicidad en ambos inglés y español no sólo es una bofetada en la cara a aquellos que están aquí legalmente en este país y se tomaron el tiempo para convertirse en inglés con fluidez, es una bofetada a los inmigrantes de otros países, como China, Corea, Viet Nam, Alemania, España y Filipinas.

Sin embargo, esto es América. La nación de "tolerancia" y hacer lo que es políticamente correcto, incluso si no es moralmente correcto. Por lo tanto, tendremos que vivir con el multi-idioma de los anuncios, y si me duele demasiado, intentar morder su labio interior!

No podemos cambiar la mentalidad liberal de la nación, así que aprende a vivir dentro de ella, y usted tendrá más descanso! Shalom!

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

LOL Is it really that tough to live with seeing a commercial in Spanish? Good grief! "Oh no, my Twinkie was advertised in English and Spanish! My lip! It hurts! And what about the poor Asians? The Asians! This is a direct slap in the face to the immigrant Asians, none of whom are ship jumpers because everyone but people who speak Spanish come here legally and all who speak Spanish are illegals! How shall we survive?!" Run, flail, panic in the streets...

Y'all are funny.

Keep calm but flail on. Because it's pretty entertaining. Or at least until they start...selling...tacos on my street. I just can't have that. Crispy shells. Spicy meat filling. Cheesy toppings. That would be just crazy and then we'd have less McDonald's burgers, and probably start having advertisements with little Mexican dogs and stuff and it would be all loco and stuff, with people eating at 2 am y we must stop this a toda costa huh? ROFLOL

5. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

It's a slow fade......

6. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

pinoybaptist TOTALLY gets it!!!

7. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

Shameless pandering to the illegals.

#67 Jedi Knight, Aug 5, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2013
  8. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The BB Needs a Spanish Only Forum?

Why is it that this Board does not pander to the Spanish speaking brothers and sisters with their very own Forum?

Maybe we could even get a Forum just for illegals? Then they could tell of the horrors they have faced since crossing the border illegally and waiting for their gift of amnesty to become reality!

This would make for good reading, and probably bring in an entire new crowd of members to makup for those who are leaving the board in droves! :wavey:

BTW - Gina, your Spanish is excellent, and I sincerely hope you didn't permanently injure your lip! :laugh:

9. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

We'll disagree then. I'll keep my eyes closed, and you keep seeing something that is not there.

10. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

:) or become bilingual.

11. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Four languages already: Swedish, English, German, Russian.

12. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you fluent in all...like Russian? Slavonic languages can be difficult

Kinda asking for two reasons.....Im having a difficult time at 56 YO in mastering Spanish & I have Russian, Ukranian Polish & Slovak relatives. They all understand, to a degree, my Slovak speaking relatives better than the rest. Im told that Slovak is a foundational language for Slavic languages.

#72 Earth Wind and Fire, Aug 6, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2013
  13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you kidding me.....up here in Joisey, day labor gets at least 12-15 dollars min., per hour & you have to feed them....breakfast, lunch & dinner if they are working those hours & its all cash. Plus all the coffee, water & soft drinks throughout the day.

Then if they learn on the job, like pluming, electrical, masonry, carpentry etc. they can command more money. I never thought they would get into the electrical trades but now they are there. The key is you dont pay them benefits. But trust me, they walk around with allot of cash.

14. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Russian seemed the most difficult for me, I think because it was so different from the others.

15. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    meet a very young polyglot.
    speaks 20 languages.
    can you believe that ?
    I watched this entire video with my jaw wide enough for a camel to fit in.
    lol.
    this kid has got talent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOiXtWcQ8GI

16. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

No Spanish? Slacker! ;)

17. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Put him in Times Square ... scam all the tourists

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Jedi, hypothetically, if Jesus was born today, he'd be a foreign citizen to the United States and English wouldn't be his first language.
    What would your qualifications be to grant him citizenship in the United States?

19. Jedi Knight

Site Supporter

What is already in the books. Now my turn Gina..."hypothetically"...if The Lord was born in Mexico would he come here illegally?

#79 Jedi Knight, Aug 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2013
  20. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

What I'm trying to get at here is basic human decency.
    What is it in your heart that believes your language is superior or that someone is inferior if they live here and do not speak the same language as you?

Perhaps the whole mindset we have towards property and borders and humans needs to be reset. Perhaps drawing up borders and then proclaiming everyone inside of them to be illegal wasn't a bright idea. Perhaps the "mine vs yours" mentality has gotten way out of hand. Maybe patriotism isn't really defending one's country, instead it's misunderstood and most people consider patriotism as love of what one perceives as defending what their country's dominant race and language should be.

And that just doesn't seem very Christ-like to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.