1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Halloween is near! What will You do?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Sep 27, 2015.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh....I like that! ....But then I like the Pope (He's a groovy head). Maybe I will go as the Pope! LOL

2. heisrisen

heisrisen Active Member

I will not be celebrating! True born again believers have the Holy Spirit dwelling within them so they naturally love what God loves and hate what he hates. Halloween is one of those things he hates because it's the glorification of paganism and death. It's also to love the world and not be separated from it.

3. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It will be just another day at work for me.

4. BrandonA

BrandonA New Member

Merely doing things on Halloween for fun doesn't celebrate its origins. Just as God is insulted by how much we've commercialized Christmas, Satan is likely insulted by how we take a holiday originally associated with him and turn it into an excuse for corny costume parties and ingestion of candy. What better way to minimize him?

I'm not really into costumes anyway, but it's always fun to do hot cider and hay rides. That sort of thing.

5. Emil

Emil New Member

There is a church that is close to my home that has a big festival every year. Everything is free and my son and I have a great time. I enjoy that there are positive things that kids can enjoy.