1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Happy Birthday PATRIOT Act

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Ivon Denosovich, Oct 27, 2007.

1. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

From Reason's Friday blog, October 26th. The magazine decided to celebrate the sixth birthday of the bill with the following collaboration:

And here follows some of my favorite excerpts from Reason's well crafted rants:

(Bolding mine.)

2. Ivon Denosovich

And from the ACLU we find these gems:

(Bolding mine.)

#2 Ivon Denosovich, Oct 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 27, 2007
  3. Ivon Denosovich

Finally, what's a birthday without a few laughs?

4. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

The patriot Act is an unacceptable attack on our freedoms as Americans. Ever notice how soon it was passed after 9/11? I wonder why.

5. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

Have you ever considered what Bush said ? how it would expire and it was only "temporary"? Then he pushed it to be resigned and permanent?ever wonder why?
    CONTROL ! its almost impossible to control people that haven't anything to fear,but give them something to be afraid of i.e. terrorism,bombings,worldwide threats and they will surrender their freedoms quickly...."keep me safe"at any cost. How sad it is to think that americans are giving away freely what fathers and grandfathers fought so valiantly to preserve,even to the giving of their lifes blood.
    If america doesn't wake up to the fact that we should be as apprehensive of our own government as terrorism,then we will have what we deserve......life in servitude!

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The saddest part is the strongest defenders of the un American patriot act(s) are the same ones who consider themselves to be American patriots. Everybody who opposes the act(s) are democrats, liberals and traitors in their minds. That's the power of government and mass media propaganda.

#6 poncho, Nov 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2007
  7. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

I used to be a republican,now I'm just an american,christian,conservative,constitutionalist......and proud of it! Although I'm sure that this puts me on somebodys watch list .
    I'll just trust the LORD! Let GOD be true and every man a liar.
    They can be free to say whatever they want,but if it doesn't line up with Gods word .......I won't pay much attention to it.:thumbs: