1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harder For Pastors To Grow In Christ?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by Hark, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Hark

Hark Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has happened, and I could not do anything about it when the church sees nothing wrong with the iniquity, in spite of the scripture.

The Lord informed me in 1994 that He was sending a plumbline across the nation to see whom will depart from faith to resort to their own power and chase after other gods, and it happened in 1994 with the Promise Keepers' movement ( 2 Timothy 3:1-5 ) and the "holy laughter" movement ( 1 Timothy 4:1-2 ).

That is what happened when churches look to commitments to follow Christ to make believers follow Him ( Galatians 3:1-3 & Galatians 5:1 & Galatians 5:5 ) and when they worship the Holy Spirit with the Father & the Son ( John 5:22-23 ) since the only way to come to God the Father by in worship ( John 14:6 ) to honor Him and glorify Him by is by honoring & glorifying the Son ( John 13:31-32 ). It is no wonder why they think that is the Holy Spirit visiting them with signs and lying wonders.

Jeremiah 50:6 My people hath been lost sheep: their shepherds have caused them to go astray, they have turned them away on the mountains: they have gone from mountain to hill, they have forgotten their restingplace. 7 All that found them have devoured them: and their adversaries said, We offend not, because they have sinned against the Lord, the habitation of justice, even the Lord, the hope of their fathers.

Signs of the times.

I reckon all I can do is pray that God will raise up workers for the harvest, because the times are bad as Jesus prophesied.

Proverbs 20:6 Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?

Luke 18:8 I tell you that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?

2. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

No He didn't.

People have been doing this since the beginning of time.

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Who. Who. The word you are looking for is "who."

Remember the "he" "him" rule.

If you can substitute "he" then you use "who."

If you can substitute "him" then you use "whom."

Would you say "him will depart from faith" or "he will depart from faith?"

It's really quite simple. Like knowing God did not speak to you in 1994, and knowing that assembling together with other believes is a command from God.

You know. Simple stuff. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your Pastor was right. 1 John 1:9. 'If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

I see no qualification there, even for divorce(e)s and non-KJV users (cf. also Mark 3:28).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1