1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hardshells only/eleventh hour birth

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Hercules, Nov 9, 2003.

1. Hercules

Hercules New Member

Hardshells don't you believe that a child of grace jew or gentile will be born again at the eleventh hour?Even like the old thief.We do a lot of works to enter into the kingdom of God(church)but we can do nothing to enter into the eternal heaven.Going up yonder is not of ourselve's.Agree or disagree?Eternal life is for the elect family of god only jew and gentile that are called chosen and faithful.

2. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, I don't believe a child of God will be born again at the eleventh hour. I believe God can regenerate His child at the eleventh hour, like the thief on the cross.
    As far as I know, to enter or join the church, our people look only for four things:

a. belief - which is the exercise of the faith
    that God has given by the Spirit.

b. repentance - Acts 2:38-39. A turning away from sin, a change of mind about sin. Everything that repentance signifies.

c. Confession - Romans 10:8-9.

d. Baptism

Having thus joined and been accepted into the Gospel church one then must walk circumspectly, always bearing in mind that God requires us now to put into practice the holiness which He imputed upon us. Thus we are to walk as those whose "conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ" (Phil. 1:27), working out our own salvation with fear and trembling (Phil 2:12) yet always remembering we take no credit for any good thing we do, for it is God which worketh in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure (Phil 2:13), we pray for all men (1 Tim 2:1), indeed, we pray without ceasing (1 Thess 5:17) and look forward with great joy to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thess 2:1-2), and love the brethren as much as Jesus loved the church and gave His life for it (Eph. 5:21, 25b).

Agree very much. God bless you and yours.

3. Hercules

Hercules New Member

No, I don't believe a child of God will be born again at the eleventh hour. I believe God can regenerate His child at the eleventh hour, like the thief on the cross.
    As far as I know, to enter or join the church, our people look only for four things:

a. belief - which is the exercise of the faith
    that God has given by the Spirit.

b. repentance - Acts 2:38-39. A turning away from sin, a change of mind about sin. Everything that repentance signifies.

c. Confession - Romans 10:8-9.

d. Baptism

Having thus joined and been accepted into the Gospel church one then must walk circumspectly, always bearing in mind that God requires us now to put into practice the holiness which He imputed upon us. Thus we are to walk as those whose "conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ" (Phil. 1:27), working out our own salvation with fear and trembling (Phil 2:12) yet always remembering we take no credit for any good thing we do, for it is God which worketh in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure (Phil 2:13), we pray for all men (1 Tim 2:1), indeed, we pray without ceasing (1 Thess 5:17) and look forward with great joy to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Thess 2:1-2), and love the brethren as much as Jesus loved the church and gave His life for it (Eph. 5:21, 25b).

Agree very much. God bless you and yours.
    </font>[/QUOTE]

4. Hercules

Hercules New Member

well pinoy,I believe that god regenerates some early in life for the sake of the church,i'm like you really about how you put it it is his business.I do believe all of the elect could never be lost,and will all be saved in the end.I hope anyway.

5. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

It seems the Apostle Paul does not agree with you regarding regeneration
    The "We" is "the whole human race", not some 'elect' out of the whole human race.

That relegates "Regeneration" of a human to be the result of seeking Deity, and not Deity regenerating human in order for man to see Deity.

6. Hercules

Hercules New Member

The "We" is "the whole human race", not some 'elect' out of the whole human race.

That relegates "Regeneration" of a human to be the result of seeking Deity, and not Deity regenerating human in order for man to see Deity.
    </font>[/QUOTE]

7. Hercules

Hercules New Member

I'm quiet sorry Yelsew,but only the elect will be saved in the end.The foundation of god standeth sure,the lord knoweth them that are his.The whole world is not his.Acts 18:10 much people,not all of them.All of the world,don't believe in God and his son and the gospel is hid from much of the world.God has a chosen people and he done that when he made his seed a long time ago.God predestinated his people before the world was made.God elects his children,calls his children and quiken's every single one that belongs to him in this time world we know,not a single child of grace will ever be lost.Yes many of gods children may live a hell on earth all their days of this life,but in the end they will go back to God who made them every last one of them.

8. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Let us look at Acts 18:10 in its context and see if it means what you make it to say. When the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision. he was not telling him that many in Corinth are the ELECT, but that many are believers and behave accordingly.
    If many in the city belonged to the LORD, as "the elect", why was it necessary for Paul to remain for eighteen months preaching the Word of God among them? If the elect will without doubt be saved, why is it necessary to preach to them?

I suppose you also reject the statement "all became believers in the lord and Many Corinthians when they heard this became believers and were baptized". The word, "became" means that they are now something they were not! The elect are "always the elect" are they not?

Yes, God knows beyond doubt who from an eternal view are HIS, and that is not limited to "the elect".

Did NOT God make ALL mankind, and make them ALL in the image of God?

Did Jesus' death on the Cross, NOT ATONE 'FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD'?

Does NOT "Whosoever believeth" encompass ANY out of ALL?

Does "whoever believes" shall not be judged, NOT ENCOMPASS any out of ALL?

IS IT NOT JESUS, the only begotten Son of God, who said, "Whosoever believeth", and "whoever believes".

The fact that Scripture says the Elect shall be saved, DOES NOT EXCLUDE any others from being saved. Scripture declares that the Children of Israel are THE ELECT, the Chosen Race! Yet, clearly, for 2000 years the Gospel message has thrived among the Gentiles. The Body of Christ is comprised of Gentiles from every nation and Yes it includes some of the Elect.

You can believe your stupid exclusiveness doctrine if you wish, but you cannot alter God's plan by it. So, get real!

9. Hercules

Hercules New Member

Let us look at Acts 18:10 in its context and see if it means what you make it to say. When the Lord spoke to Paul in a vision. he was not telling him that many in Corinth are the ELECT, but that many are believers and behave accordingly.
    If many in the city belonged to the LORD, as "the elect", why was it necessary for Paul to remain for eighteen months preaching the Word of God among them? If the elect will without doubt be saved, why is it necessary to preach to them?

I suppose you also reject the statement "all became believers in the lord and Many Corinthians when they heard this became believers and were baptized". The word, "became" means that they are now something they were not! The elect are "always the elect" are they not?

Yes, God knows beyond doubt who from an eternal view are HIS, and that is not limited to "the elect".

Did NOT God make ALL mankind, and make them ALL in the image of God?

Did Jesus' death on the Cross, NOT ATONE 'FOR THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD'?

Does NOT "Whosoever believeth" encompass ANY out of ALL?

Does "whoever believes" shall not be judged, NOT ENCOMPASS any out of ALL?

IS IT NOT JESUS, the only begotten Son of God, who said, "Whosoever believeth", and "whoever believes".

The fact that Scripture says the Elect shall be saved, DOES NOT EXCLUDE any others from being saved. Scripture declares that the Children of Israel are THE ELECT, the Chosen Race! Yet, clearly, for 2000 years the Gospel message has thrived among the Gentiles. The Body of Christ is comprised of Gentiles from every nation and Yes it includes some of the Elect.

You can believe your stupid exclusiveness doctrine if you wish, but you cannot alter God's plan by it. So, get real!
    </font>[/QUOTE]

10. Hercules

Hercules New Member

Yelsew.i don't want you to believe me.Believe the scriptures.I believe like i do and thats me.I maybe wrong yes,but then you maybe wrong.What ever the case.I don't have this believe of mine a doctrine.We all believe a little different.But i'm not gonna cuss you or get ill with you if you don't swallow my belief.Gods children are his and they are to me his vessels fitted for mercy,I don't see the good lord casting them a way,Chastizing yes.The lord has done saved his people on the cross it is finished.He has sit down on the right hand of the father in eternity.This time world we live in is a fixed and finished world.The one's that are his he knows the ones that aren't he don't and they will depart from him the workers of iniquity because he never knew them.Not that he didn't know them he did because he made both vessel of mercy and vessels fitted for destruction,the difference is the vessels of mercy come to him and live in the free pardon of there sin and the others that don't will live a hell on earth ,but in the end they to will go back to god who made them reguardless of what they ever done,they will be given a secound birth because they are his and i don't believe he will denigh his own.

11. Hercules

Hercules New Member

12. Hercules

Hercules New Member

And yelsew as for the vessels fitted for destruction they are made for just that.Read 2Peter 2:19 yes, they will promise you liberty.who will.Vessels fitted for destruction or just plain dead sinners.every man is of the ruined race. We are all fitted for destruction unless God quikens us.Now read Jude 4 ordained to this condemnation. Do you know what lasciviousness is.Defined:lustful:lecherous behavoir.Unless the good lord turns a heart sick sinner that is what he'll be when he dies.And Romans 9:20 to 33 .If you do these things you are still in your sins.If the lord has quikened you ,you should have seen your condition and turned from it.Our sins will find us out.1 peter 4:1,2,3 and what does this mean. 2 corinthians 6:14 through 18.i got me a dictionary and studied man of these word and wrote them down years ago i know what they mean,even with this numb skull you called me yelsew.LM

13. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Hercules, we are fit for destruction if we do not believe in Jesus, the Son of God, the Messiah who saves us from destruction. We are not worthy of anything by our own power. However if we do believe, even on the name of Jesus, we are saved from destruction. Jesus, the Savior clearly says so in John chapter 3 and elsewhere.

That is why it is our paramount task to tell those who do not believe that they are headed for that emminent destruction if they too do not believe in Jesus, the Son of God, the Messiah.

The ONLY way to escape destruction is by having faith in the promise of Salvation, made to us by the one who does the saving.

If we do not believe, we are judged and cast into the lake of fire, "the second death" which is eternal death! There is no redemption from the lake of fire!

14. Yelsew

Yelsew Guest

Well Hercules has bid all farewell. So where are the Calvinists, and what do they have to say on the topic?