1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harming Creation: The Pollution Of The Planet

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Michael111, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Michael111

Michael111 New Member

Pollution is poisoning Creation.

the air.
    the skies.
    the oceans.
    the bays.
    the lakes.
    the rivers.
    the streams.
    the land.
    the atmosphere.
    the plants.
    the trees.
    the animals.
    human beings.

This contamination of Creation matters to Jesus Christ.

May the earth be delivered from pollution, and destruction.
    May mankind begin to care for, nurture, and respect the planet.
    And, may the earth begin to cleanse, and heal from the many years of damage and harm.

With blessings of peace, love, and hope --

In Jesus name,

Michael111

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

3. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

MacArthur once said, If you think the planet is in bad shape now, wait until you see what Christ does to it when he comes ...

He was right. This world will be destroyed with great pollution, plagues, and ultimately a fireball. While we should not abuse the planet, we should not raise it too high either.

4. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Amen!

Remember, the Bible warns about those who, "...worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    Rom. 1:25(KJV)

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

True, but it is commanded in the bible that we care for the earth and the animals. If it was that important for God to put it in the bible and command it, we shouldn't take it too lightly.
    Gina

6. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Actually, it says to "rule over it." [​IMG]

7. Kiffin

Kiffin New Member

I think Enviromentalism is one of the great weaknesses of Conservative Christians. As Gina says, we shouldn't take it too lightly in that God has entrusted us as caretakers.This is probably the one area in Politics that I am...ughhh...I hate to say this word... Liberal...
    though I don't think all issues can simply be defined as Consevative or Liberal

[​IMG]

8. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

To be honest it's the midway point just like anything.

You can't care too much or too little your awareness has to be just right to be in line with what God has laid out.

It's something as Christians we don't remember. We either go gangbusters or don't care at all. but, there is a midpoint in everything.

9. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am a firm believer in caretaking this world.
    I want to leave my grandchildren with something as beautiful as possible. The Lord may come back tomorrow or 100 years from now, but we should always be watchful of our world. I recycle and am respectful to the land.

If He considers our body a temple to be kept holy, why not the world the body lives in?

10. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

You Liberals kill me.

11. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

As a recovering liberal, I understand what you are saying! [​IMG]

12. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

No matter how we try to "clean" this planet up---we can get in with a bucket, brush, and Comet cleanser each and every 6.99 billion people of us----and scrub until we're blue in the face---but the biblical truth will still prevail that says that "Creation groans!" Romans 8:22-23 says, "For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now . . . waiting for the adoption to wit . . ."

Now, don't get me wrong---I like this planet----if we resided on Mars we'd all be too cold---if we resided on Venus--we'd be too "scorchin'" hot! And I will do my share to keep my section of the planet clean as can be-----but to throw myself down on the ground where the Engineer has marked his (X) where the drill auger is to be placed to start drillin' for another "venture" of Crude Oil exploration---I would be a fool unto myself! For me to try to "blockade" a ocean vessel from travelin' up to Baton Rouge with its belly full of crude oil due for Exxon refinery----I would be crazy to stop it!! Now, if it wrecks and starts gushin' its oil out---I'll come runnin' with a big ole mop and get in line to start moppin' the mess! THAT's a Good Steward of the Earth and her resources----to try to stop the tanker with my little jonboat as a blockaid----that is bad stupity!

Blackbird

13. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

no doubt Christians are to be good stewards of the planet, but i have seen liberals efforts to clean up messes actually hamper natural progress, liberals love their planet that is for sure.i see people take care of animals while they let poor people hunger and thirst i see compassion for dogs and cats better then humans. i see people more concerned for environment over eternal destinations of people and i see post like this that seem worthy and nice yet it sickens me for the real important needs are rarely spoken of.

14. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Indeed!

Save the stray cats but who cares about the unborn babies!!!

:( [​IMG]

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

massdak---the important needs are not being neglected----I venture to believe there are more people who care about starvin' people than starvin' dogs! Except the starvin' dog is gonna do somethin' about his starvation---even if it means a trip to the dump or going wild and chasin' a rabbit or two---he'll just keep chasin' til he catches one! Too many starvin' people won't or can't do nothin' about their starvation---example---"Save the Children" can box up food and send it to groups----but sin inside other people tells them to "Hijack" the food and sell it on the Black Market---to which poor folks are eliminated-----dogs don't have Black Markets!! What an aweful thing this thing called sin is----where dogs die for a mouthful and humans have to sit and watch each other starve!!

16. massdak

massdak Active Member
    Site Supporter

my point is that no matter the reason why some people are needy shouldn't keep those from helping them first. but the first issue is giving them the gospel that is the most important. i do not like when people try to clean up the earth with rhetoric and liberal misguided agendas. a person cannot clean up themselves much less try to clean a planet, they can only make the outside look like it is clean. let those who are responsible to do thier part in doing the best they can but not at the expense of progress. i am disapointed in this thread that was started it lacks true substance for the most important things.