1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harper Collins NRSV and the "Disciple" class??

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by annsni, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

A friend of mine online is starting this class at their church and they were to purchase this particular Bible for it. She said "I bought my brand new Harper Collins Study Bible today - they say not to use your personal Bible b/c you need the annotations of the study bible and you write all in the margins, etc. " It's supposedly a 34 week class where you go through the entire Bible in study. I have NO clue how they do this because it took us 4 years to go through Genesis on Sundays! LOL! My pastor is quite thorough, though, and covered EVERY verse that was there - even the tough ones.

Anyway, does anyone have any info on this Bible (I know about the NRSV and the gender neutral stuff but I want to know about the study part of it - Amazon is no help for this!) and this class??

Thanks!

Ann

2. BruceB

BruceB New Member

Ann,
    You should post this question in the Bible Versions/Translations section of the forum - I am sure you will receive many knowledgeable answers from the regular crowd that posts there.
    Bruce
    PS I cannot answer your question - I have no experience with that particular translation or study Bible.

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, thanks! I'll do that now!!

4. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

This same thread is also cross-posted in the BVT Forum. This is a violation of BB posting rule 13 (i.e. No cross-posting). Therefore, this one is being closed.

#4 Bible-boy, Sep 12, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.