1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harry Kalas

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Mike McK, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

Does anybody know what's going on with Harry Kalas? It's no secret that he's being slowly pushed out of the booth by Chris Wheeler and Scott Franzke but lately, it seems like not a game goes by that he doesn't confuse players with one another at least once or twice a game.

There's no question that he's among the great announcers in sports, but his memory lapses are starting to become a little disturbing.

Has anybody heard anything about this? Is he sick or something?

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Haven't heard.
    While I appreciate his contributions, it may be time for him to step aside. I know the thinking is that people like him earn the right to go out whenever they want. well, yeah, with the proviso that they are not still hanging on too long. John Ward did it at UT. Brennaman will do it at Cincinnati. Ernie Harwell did it. Jack Buck didn't do it.

Now you've got me wondering....I need to listen to some broadcasts when the Reds play the Phillies. His voice is baseball (along with Marty's!) :)