1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by ShotGunWillie, Jul 16, 2007.

1. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Did you watch The Wizard of Oz when you were a kid? Shame on you, one wizard, two witches, and talking lions, scarecrows and tin men. How do you think that harmed you? Did it take away your belief in Jesus?

2. Allan

Allan Active Member

Yes, I did. Now, can I be honest and tell you that Glenda the good witch who stood against the Wicked Witch of the West was my argument in being allowed to read Lord of the Rings. AND from there the good magic users verses evil and some of the good concepts found there in, I used to get permission to read Dragon Lance books. AND from there Peirs Anthony, and then Dungeons and Dragons and then... Well, lets judt say that if God had not arrested my fall, I would be in hell right now.

You are right however. Shame on me.

BTW - I can tell you from the counsiling I do with MANY teens on this subject, that it does (after a while) make them begin questioning, just like I, myself did. And yes, some HAVE fallen away.

I will not tell a person they must "Don't Do" I only will warn them about the "Don't Do'. Every beleiver is accountable to God not me. But if I believe it is sin, should I sit quietly by as other participate. God forbid! I will not force them change, but I WILL warn them and ask them to consider their ways.

#42 Allan, Jul 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2007