1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harry Reid Sticks Foot in Mouth (Again)

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by InTheLight, Aug 22, 2014.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

U.S. Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., apologized Friday for making two Asian jokes while speaking before the Asian Chamber of Commerce in Las Vegas, saying his remarks were “in extremely poor taste.”

Reid didn’t deliver a speech but took questions from the chamber audience. At the end of Thursday’s event, the senator praised the Asian community, saying the population “is so productive.” Then he cracked wise.

“I don’t think you’re smarter than anybody else, but you’ve convinced a lot of us you are,” Reid said.

Then when he was introduced to Dr. Terry Wong, the president of the Asian Chamber of Commerce, Reid leaned back over his microphone and quipped, “One problem that I’ve had today is keeping my Wongs straight.”

Both jokes drew laughter from the audience of about 100 people.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/politics/national/reid-apologizes-remarks-about-asians
    -------------
    Here's a sampling of some of Reid's greatest gaffes:

1) "Negro dialect"

Reid's description of President Obama, in the book "Game Change," included the remark that Obama was "light-skinned" and had "no Negro dialect -- unless he wanted to have one" (a suggestion that Obama's race helped him in 2008) and forced an apology from Reid in 2010.

2) Mitt Romney hasn't paid taxes in 10 years

(continued):
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...n-anybody-else-he-does-stuff-like-this-a-lot/
    ---------

Just pointing out that it's not just the Republicans that get stories printed about them when they make gaffes.

#1 InTheLight, Aug 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2014