1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Harry Reid's Long History of Influence Peddling

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 17, 2006.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Can you post the article this file came from?

I can't find it on the latimes site now, and from the date of file, it looks like it's dated June of 2003.

Jamie

3. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry.

I didn't keep it. All I kept was the LA Times url.

4. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

It's ok. Since it's old news, I will file it away with the other "non-story" stories

Jamie

5. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do that.

While you're at it do the same for the allegations against Congressman Weldon. They're from 2004 and have already been investigated by the House Ethics Committee.

The Reid connections have never been properly investigated.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

You see, I can't do that. The Weldon investigation, is active. I mean, the FBI just raided four houses.

The difference is that the story you quoted isn't a story, it's a chart, if you will. To me there is a difference, and that is why I asked for the story that it was linked from.

While I don't excuse Reid, I even posted about his misdealings, and lump him in the same group of idiots we have as politicans. But this "chart" and the current story about Reid don't run together in my opinion.

I will comment on the current story about Reid, but until you give me the link to the story your pdf was posted from, I can't comment on it so, I will file it away.

Nice try by the way, at being "neutral" in your title. You did pounce on me about being neutral in questions and such right? I am glad you have taken your own advice.

7. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're dissembling, Jamie.

But that's what I expected you to do.

8. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

And you're slamming Reid without an article to back it up and letting the right go free.

Which, as you stated, is what I expect from you. :)

At least we're staying on track with our expectations. We wouldn't want to let anyone down.

9. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

Today, more stuff about Reid came out. So it's old news. He's still in Congress. Republican Congressman Weldon is too. Toss 'em both out.

And now we find that yet another crook in the ethically-challenges Bush WH is going down.

Lester Crawford, Bush's FDA commissioner, resigned and will now plead guilty in yet another corruption case:

Washington, DC (AHN) - Former Food and Drug Administration Commissioner Lester Crawford, is set to plead guilty to two counts of misdemeanor involving stock ownership of companies regulated by the agency.
    Crawford will appear in court to allegations that he said false statements and went against the conflict-of-interest law. He could also be slapped with a $50,000 fine and be placed either on probation, home detention or up to 6 months in jail.

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7005203635

No end in sight, as the mess starts to unravel. So what if Reid is a democrat? Let the chips fall where they may.