1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Harsh interrogation and you?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 17, 2014.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I reject that the idea that Obama has taken the moral high ground! I cannot credit morality to anyone who believes in and advocates the slaughter of the unborn child.

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So are you saying that when Japan bombed Pearl Harbor - we just should have apologized to Japan and let them occupy the United States?

3. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One of the red flags of posters is when they use the phrase, "so you are saying" because what usually follows is an unbiblical absurdity.

Did Salty agree that Jesus teaches His disciples to always do what is right? Nope. As usual I get silence. Did Salty say he thinks the ends justify the means? Nope. As usual I get silence.

The simple truth is that if posters asks questions of others, they should answer the questions of posters. The do unto others as you would have they do unto you concept.

Now I will put my soap box away and address the biblical question, what did Jesus say we should do when we are attacked?

Acting as individuals, we are told to turn the other cheek, to do good to those who persecute us. Acting as members of the Church, we should fight false teachings with truth, giving a defense for what we believe. Thus we are to engage in the battle of ideas. And acting under the cover of governmental authority (who does not carry the sword for nothing) we may use force, including lethal force, to protect ourselves and our loved ones. And now the caveat, learned by all military veterans, we are to follow all "lawful" orders. If the Lieutenant says to shoot women and children huddling in their straw houses at My Lai, we are not to follow that "unlawful" order. So while it may be true, those who engaged in EIT thought they were following lawful orders, I did not like it when I was mistreated physically, and therefore question how lawful (in the will of God) the actions were.

#23 Van, Dec 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2014
  4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Van always turns the other cheek; just before he whacks you "up side the head!":laugh::laugh: