1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

has anyone else noticed. . .

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by abcgrad94, Feb 27, 2008.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How the media has completely turned their back on Hillary? She used to be their poster child, but now that they've latched on to Obama, she's history. Some of the "news" resports I've seen are obviously biased against her in favor of Obama. It's kind of ironic that they're treating her with the disdain they previously reserved for Bush.

Here's my prediction: The media is targeting Hillary to make her drop out of the race faster so they can then turn their full venom on McCain. What say you?

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you're probably giving the media too much credit. Hillary had for so long been considered the clear front-runner that some complacency set in, and that was the opportunity for someone new with a bit of charisma and automatic appeal for certain voters. If there is a year I can recall that was similar, I'd say 1984, when Mondale was the front-runner for most of Reagan's first term, then suddenly when primaries began Gary Hart was there raking in delegates and coming on strong in national polls. But so far this time there hasn't been a "Where's the beef" turnaround, although I'm not sure the beef has really been found this time either.

3. Ps104_33

Ps104_33 New Member

Many of her "friends" have turned their back on her. Its all politics. If she was 16 points ahead of Obama she would be getting all the endorsements. Its time to jump ship and hop on the Obama bandwagon for future favors. If it wasnt for white women she wouldnt have any friends at all.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

The media is totally biased against Hillary, so much so, it is sickening.

I used to like to watch Chris Matthews, Abrams and Keith Olberman (sp), but no more. Also, Jack on CNN is biased also.

BBob,

5. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You might be onto something there. I don't like her at all, but I hope she sticks it out.

It's interesting to see how the media backstabs their "friends." Obama better watch out and learn a little lesson from their behavior. If they turned traitor on Hillary, eventually they will do the same to him.

6. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    A person who can't handle bad press, probably shouldn't be in public office.

7. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

Absolutely true.

But wouldn't it be fabulous if we could actually get some REPORTING of the news, too, rather than just OPINIONS or INTERPRETATIONS of the day's events?? I think it would be remarkarble to be able to read a news article from any true "news" source and NOT be able to guess whether a liberal or a conservative writer/news outlet did the piece! Sadly, that kind of reporting is getting fewer and farther between.

8. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Excellent point. I just wish the press wasn't so biased.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find it immensely amusing. :laugh:

Both Clintons have been the darlings of the media for many years.

Now that the media has a new darling, their whining and knashing of teeth
    gets no sympathy from me.

The media is trying to pick our president. They tried it in 2004 and lost. They're working harder at it now than ever before.