1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has anyone ever memorized the entire Bible?

Discussion in 'Polls Forum' started by sanderson1769, Mar 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As far as I know,
    Eric Sauer( Principal of Wiedenist Bible School)
    and Harry Ironside memorized NT in Greek, and there was one more who memorized the entire NT whom I don't know.

Nikita Khrushchev, President of Russia at the time of J F Kennedy around 1961 memorized 4 Gospel in Russian in his youth.

2. NateT

NateT Member

Rabbi Isaac Jerusalami can chant the entire OT. From what I've heard, if he were a believer, he'd have the NT done too.

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

My understanding is that Angel Rodriguez, a SBC evangelist had memorized either the entire Bible or the NT.
    He went home to be with his Savior a few years ago. I had the opportunity to hear him preach a couple of times while i was in college and he quoted all of his scriptures from memory. He kept a Bible in his hand, but didn't open it while preaching if i do recall.

4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I bet satan has the entire Bible memorized.

5. MRCoon

MRCoon New Member

I had a teenager at my last church in California (she is now at PCC) and she memorized the entire book of Proverbs. This was impressive and it definitely had an impact on her life and on mine.

6. Dave Taylor

Dave Taylor New Member

Kim Peek. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Peek

The Mega-Savant, made famous as the model for the Dustin Hoffman movie, 'Rain Man', who has amazing near perfect memory retention of just about everything (all zipcodes, all area codes, all political facts, all nasa facts, all events that have occurred on every date and day of the week, as well as phenomenal musical retention and recall, etc...)

His father has been quoted as Kim has memorized the entire Bible (as well as thousands of other works of literature).

Another interesting factoid about Kim, is that he reads two pages of a book at the same time, (left-eye reads left page, while right-eye reads the right page), and accomplishes this in a few seconds per 2-page set.

Imagine the computational headaches that would bring to most of us.

That's multi-tasking in an amazing way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.