1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

has ANYONE other then Jesus received A Glorified Body yet?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Good question.

We again look at Christ as the firstfruits from the dead to consider that something other than glorification occured with Enoch and Elijah. It is true there are exceptions to general rules in scripture, but it is doubtful that these men were glorified.

God bless.

2. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The events concerning these two make little sense if they are not in fact...literal men.

While we can see that "the two olive branches" and the "two olive trees" do not speak of two particular individuals that eternally live in these roles, we can understand two literal men standing in and being described as these as they stand in these roles as representatives of God.

For instance, they wear sackcloth, as men would.

Fire is representative and speaks of judgment usually, in scripture. John said Christ would baptize with fire (judgment) and spirit (salvation).

Did Christ "break the rules" here?

John 18

4Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?

5They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.

6As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground.

The Tribulation period, where the two witnesses are given power, the central theme is judgment.

By their rejection of that which these two testify men will come under judgment, and they will die.

It actually helps to work out the sequence of events.

I recommend that all should have a timeline of events to eradicate the difficulties presented when trying to understand this book.

Emphasis on parenthetical passages to deny a successive chronology of events has led to more difficulty than probably any other methodology I know of.

God bless.

3. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would suggest, in this hypothetical scenario, that in fact you would not fall to your knees "this quick."

Luke 16:31

King James Version (KJV)

31And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.

The Lord endorsed this truth by telling the story itself.

The resurrection of Chirst did not even persuade men.

The strong delusion brought upon those in the Tribulation period will deny the possibility for those that have in full knowledge not obeyed the Gospel to believe and repent, though not just one, but many...rose from the dead.

Where in scripture do we see that "everyone will know?"

It is not until His return at the end of the Tribulation that all will see him:

Revelation 1:7

King James Version (KJV)

7Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

This strengthens my belief in a pre-trib rapture, actually: at this point, the entire world, as we see here, will finally understand and confess that Jesus is Lord.

What need is there, and how could it be possible, that at this point the entire world is under strong delusion?

God bless.

4. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

5. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

scratches head........

6. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that...is a smiley I would like to see...lol.

Just yanking your chain, C1. Just a way to affirm that I agree with the statement.

God bless.

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

[​IMG]

8. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

that is my question directed to the pretierist among us...

IF Jesus ALONE has been glorified, how could he had His second coming in AD 70, as IF that did happen, all would have been glorified that were alive at His coming, as per Apostle paul!

And there would ONLY be those outside of bride /body of Christ born after that date, as we would now be in Millinium and saints would no longer be under the new Covenant of the time before his coming back!