1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has anyone watched "The West Wing"?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Johnv, Aug 7, 2009.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Does anyone remember the show, "The West Wing"? Even though it was politically not my cup of tea (the president in the show was a democrat), it was one of my favorite shows on television. It was well-written, witty, and (being a student of government and civics at the time) many of the facets of operation were accurately depicted.

Although the show depicts a Democrat POTUS and his administration (I used to call it "the Left Wing"), the show frequently makes fun of its own political party. Through the course of the show, it touches on everything from an attempted assassination to a president suffering from a personal illness. My wife bought me the show on DVD, and we've been watching it from the beginning.

Does anyone else remember the show? Seeing as how most of us are conservatives, and the show depicted a liberal administration, I'm sure this thread will have some interesting comments. :wavey:

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

I loved the West Wing. Watched every episode multiple times. Thought it was very interesting, and witty as well (as you say). I think "live," I only missed one or two episodes.

3. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I loved the show. I still watch the reruns on Bravo.

I agree about it being the depiction of a liberal president and administration, but I liked the interplay with the characters.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did see the show, did like what I saw, but I didn't watch it much. Could have been the time slot - in fact I don't even remember what time it was on.

Generally, though, I probably would have watched it, as my favorites are military, radio and politics.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I remember one scene in the first season, where a white house staffer banters with her boss, asking, "Since we have a budget surplus, shouldn't we be returning the surplus funds back to the taxpayers?". Her boss says no. When she asks why not, he replies "Because we're Democrats".:laugh: