1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has Noah's Ark Been Found?

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by ASLANSPAL, Jul 1, 2006.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't think so. I am afraid that if we ever did find physical evidence of Noah's ark that lots of people would make an idol of it.

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Nope, 'fraid not

3. lgpruitt

lgpruitt New Member

[​IMG] I seriously doubt we'll ever find it...and if we do...we won't realize what it is. It would be turned into a zoo if the true ark was found.

[​IMG]

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Personally, I think that when Noah went to offer his first sacrifice, he looked around and said, "Now, where would I find some wood... Oh, of course!" and off would come a hunk of wood.

Then, when he decided to build shelter, "Now, what could I use to frame a house... Oh, of course!" and off would come a bunch of wood.

However, if it is still there, people would certainly idolize, but... (This is an important "but") How many people would then believe because "that ridiculous story" is true? It could have a good effect on some.

5. Pete

Pete New Member

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Sadly I must agree. After all look at all the fuss that is made when someone sees "Mary" in their toast or own their shower tile. :type:

7. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now wait just a minute....I think I see Elvis in my potato chip....I swear I do! :tongue3: :laugh:

Seriously, I know what you mean. People have placed their "faith" in paintings, crawling on their bloody hands and knees up a mountain of steps to kiss it.....all in the name of God.

The Virgin Mary in toast, the cup that Jesus drank from at the last supper, Noah's ark, the spear that pierced Jesus' side, the Shroud of Tourin.......real and imagined "artifacts" and "icons".

.....just think how many people longed for these things to the point of obsession and lost their immortal soul to the pits of hell because they never cared about Jesus, the Christ.

8. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

Was hopeing the post would take on a biblical archeology direction but oh well, to each his own cynicism.

Perhaps some more information would help :type:

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5089327

"It was obviously manmade and it was obviously rock now and it was obviously wood. If we could find some evidence that noah's ark really existed,i thought that could cause thousands and ten thousands of people to say that maybe the rest of the bible is true too, says texas native arch bonnema.

(Pretty good posistive motive imho)...nothin I could read where they are going to sell pieces of petrified wood as idols:tongue3:

some more info:http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa060628_mo_lostark.809cf4a.html

WFAA VIDEO DALLAS/FT.WORTH

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

That's sort of what I said.

Although we are to walk by faith, not by sight, if that sight caused more people to be saved, it could have a positive effect in people accepting the Lord, but the negative effect of them idolizing it, just as they do so many other "spiritual" things.

10. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most of the folks in Jesus' day who saw the miracles He did with their own eyes didn't believe in Him.

If seeing physical evidence of Noah's ark would make a difference in the eternal destiny of even one soul then I am sure that God would have had the ark discovered.