1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

has the Christian Church Redefined Hell and Homosexuality?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JesusFan, Nov 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

1)No one who is saved has a sin nature and it is not even in the bible so it is biblical truth that they don't.

2) Christians can and do still sin, but they do n ot have to. i Cor 10:13

3) All Christians can live with no sin in their lives, we just choose not to. I tis not about ability but choice.

4) As to living in a state away from God no a Christian cannot do that 1John 3:9 feelings do not make sonenting true. The bible says He will never leave us and that is what is true and thta a Christian cannot practice sin.

5) Yes we are under grace which is not a licience to sin.

6) I afirm that what you suggest is not biblical or truth and what the bible teaches is.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

But you said it was impossible. If someone can do it at all then all can do it. It is a choice.

3. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

what about where the Apostle in hebrews encorages us to set aside our "besitting sins that hinder our race/" Couldn't be bereferencing having a sin problem area that is really 'weighing" one down in their spiritual life?

4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Probably talking of not saved but lost though?!

(see, I can sound just like jesusfan!)

(...and no, I don't believe this refers to the lost) :)

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Sure any sin keeps us from growing. It is saying like I told you and more importantly the bible that we are not to ever sin. So stop making excsuses seek to stop sinning.

6. JesusFan

What happens to us as Christians when, not if, we sin against God after being saved?

7. milby

milby Member

If you continue to live in habitual sin like homosexuality or alchoholism, then you go to hell when you die because you are not a Christian but a false convert and are not truly saved.

8. JesusFan

ALL of us here would believe that a sign of actually being saved will be a desire to please God, as we have a new nature in Christ..

Question is do you hold that one will be fully and completely saved by god and had those sinful desires eradicated by Him, will no more submit to sinful lusts and desires

Or

that we still may those desires/attrractions now, but we have been forgiven un Christ, and can live and overcome that by yielding to the HS powering us, and agreeing to sumbit ourselves to a good local church, walk in scriptures?

Which do you see happening?

9. milby

milby Member

I hold that if one is fully and completely saved by God, one may still have those desires because of our sinful nature but one will strive to not submit to those desires (like continue to live as a practicing homosexual or alcoholic). One will have new desires and a new nature and if they do slip up and give in to those desires they will be deeply sorrowful about it and ask for forgiveness and move on in Christ. They will most definately NOT continue to live in that sin with no guilt. If they do they are not truly saved. Thats about as clear as I can make it.

10. milby

milby Member

One more thing..whether or not you go to a good local church has nothing to do with your salvation.

11. JesusFan

was using that as a reference to belonging to a good local church will help you be able to 'stay the course" easier, as would have accountibility and also being part of the assembling of the bethren!

12. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Well IF we sin we are chastened.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.