1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured has the SBC Decided if they Are officially Cal/Arm yet in beliefs?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Yeshua1, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh you "Think" thats cussing ROFL.....whats MB short for..." Mary Beth?" Well sweetheart, I dont consider that cussin at all. Would you like a list of what I do know is cussin however?

2. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Guess I wasn't quite clear on that...

The Y/N? was kinda a question as to whether anybody else took what you said AS cussing (of a sort). I would presume that you don't think it to be so. I just know what the words you used are REPLACEMENTS for. There really isn't any difference. We live in a day when the church is trying to "Christianize" the things of this world that they want to try and HANG ON too. Frankly, I don't believe it is possible to "sanitize" cursing or obsenity. However, I will say that the words in question here do not meet the definition of "obsenity" as I understand it. I wasn't trying to "split hairs" about this stuff...but I think I may have succeeded in doing that anyway. Time to move on. We just need to try and always use "sound speech" according to Titus 2:7-8. IMHO. Let's strive to be Biblical...yes?

Bro.Greg:saint:

3. Herald

Herald New Member

SBC = Southern Baptist Convention
    ARBCA = Association of Reformed Baptist Churches of America

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    know some Baptists hold as being Conferences, would that be different then conventions?

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The words I use are not obscenities therefore Ive nothing to apologize or be ashamed of. If someone wishes to make something of it (for example MB with his snide commentary) thats his own problem (it reflects on his own small mindedness & pettiness)....Im not concerned with it....last sentence...."so that those who oppose you may be ashamed because they have nothing bad to say about us."There will always be opposition, thats life---Backstabber, Bush Wackers, cheap shot types, etc.....I personally dont give a wit.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Herald...are you affiliated with ARBCA?

7. Herald

Herald New Member

Not at all.

8. Herald

Herald New Member

Except foe their theological differences they operate similarly.

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. 12strings

12strings Active Member

I don't want to discourage your general giving, because I do truly believe we should trust our church leadership enough to give general offerings, rather than designate everything for certain projects (a topic for another thread, perhaps)...

But if you give ANY money to the church general fund, and the church gives ANY money to the cooperative program, then a small percentage of that does end up at SBTS...a strongly calvinistic school that has and continues to pursuade some of it students toward a calvinistic soteriology. Just thought you'd like to know...Of course, more of it goes to IMB & Namb, and some goes to Southwester Seminary, which actively opposes calvinism...so I suppose it evens out in the end. :)