1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Has the SBC outlived it's usefullness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DMorgan, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Seth Dunn for SBC President

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is not really relevant to the question.

If they are still producing profitable results in regards to the Kingdom of God, then it would not be logical to state "They have outlived their usefulness."

Mark 9:38-40

King James Version (KJV)

38 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us.

39 But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.

40 For he that is not against us is on our part.

Secondly, we might consider why we might think something is "useful" to us, and if it is not, it is not useful to God.

God bless.

3. DMorgan

DMorgan Member

And i agree wholeheartedly with your assessment. I heard Mark Lowery tell a joke once, " a camel is a horse designed by a committee ". While that seems trivial, it is a fact that when an organization gets too large, it gets to a point where it cannot get out of its own way. I do not disparage the IMB and NAMB victories over the years. But what i see now is a bueacracy that seems too political. Just my opinion.

4. nodak

nodak Active Member
    Site Supporter

Just my 2 cents, which with inflation is worthless, but yes, the SBC outlived it's usefulness when it started trying to function as a denomination rather than the old rope of sand cooperation of local churches.

Agree completely we need to nix Lifeway. For that matter, I'd nix a whole raft of how to seminars and books and music and the whole business model of church and get back to preaching the gospel.

Not that it will happen as long as the profit motive is driving things.

So there you have it: my cheap non humble nobody really asked me opinion:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Smyth

Smyth Active Member

In the past two decades, it has become a different denomination, for the worse. The total Political Correctness of the Resolutions passed this year reflects the uselessness of the SBC.