1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Has Tim LaHaye?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Martin, Oct 20, 2007.

1. JerryL

JerryL New Member

I too think we need to get more orthdox teachers on TBN, then maybe it will swing away from "The Blasphme Network. I was impressed to see Ed Young Sr. on there last Sunday. I'm not impressed with Ed Jr. but Ed Sr is pretty solid, and Baptist to boot. Then again, as long as it's owned by WOF'ers, it probably won't cease being over the edge.

#21 JerryL, Oct 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 20, 2007
  2. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

Want to watch and listen to this program?

Go to the TBN webpage and you can see for yourself what was said. Benny Hinn asked Dr. Tim Lahaye to repeat what he had just said because he had never heard that thought before. So Tim did repeated it again at Hinn's request and said the reason that he had never heard this before was that he had just made it up. Are you curious what he said to Hinn? Tim was saying that Michael the Archangel will be here during the tribulation.Of course,this doesn't come from the Bible unless you look it up under LaHayel l1:1

3. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I don't know about Piper, but considering that John MacArthur wrote a book titled "Charismatic Chaos" I seriously doubt that he has been asked to be on TBN by Paul/Jan Crouch. :laugh:

4. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

I saw part of that show. I heard LaHay tell Hinn that multitudes of gentiles would be saved during the tribulation, and SOME of them would not be killed, and would live on into the millenium, and would have children and repopulate the earth during the 1000 years.

I was wondering where these post-trib earthly saints would go when they die? To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord, right? But if they are already bodily present with the Lord, ... uh, how does that work? And when would they be resurrected, seeing that the first ressurection has already happened?

5. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Can publishers actually do that without the consent of writers?

6. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

The cover is to sell. I would think so.

7. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Wouldn't the publisher inform the writer about who is (are) going to be on the cover? I would imagine that an influential person like Macarthur would have a say as to who end up on the back cover. Don't you think so?

8. npetreley

npetreley New Member

So what's the verdict? Has Tim LaHaye?

Then we can move on to bigger questions, like, "Is Victor Mature?" "Does Tom Cruise?"

9. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

It depends onthe contract. I'm sure he has much more control than I would. :laugh:

But having been in the position of being surprised, that the cover would be outside the contract, or that there is some flexibility for the publisher, is within the realm of possibility.

10. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. I agree to some extent on the contract concept but not all the way. For example, Nelson publishers are also behind the NKJV and I notice most of their books have that as the main text even if the writer uses the NASB, but sometimes I notice that the writer would use the NASB as the primary text.

2. But I cannot imagine Macarthur not agreeing to Tim LaHaye on the back of his book. We're talking about someone as established as Macarthur, not some up-and-comer.

11. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, thank you... and very funny

12. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've noticed that just about every well known christian associates with diagreeables in one way or another.

13. jilphn1022

jilphn1022 New Member

I am sorry...

that I entered this post. It was off the subject of this thread for one thing and the other is that I did not want to leave the impression that I was judging Tim Lahaye.
    My post was just out of line for which I am very sorry.

=jilphn1022]Go to the TBN webpage and you can see for yourself what was said. Benny Hinn asked Dr. Tim Lahaye to repeat what he had just said because he had never heard that thought before. So Tim did repeated it again at Hinn's request and said the reason that he had never heard this before was that he had just made it up. Are you curious what he said to Hinn? Tim was saying that Michael the Archangel will be here during the tribulation.Of course,this doesn't come from the Bible unless you look it up under LaHayel l1:

14. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

I figured he lost his mind somewhere in the mid-90s when Left Behind first came out.

15. youngmom4

youngmom4 New Member

So, does that mean if I'm a serious Left Behind fan, I am going to be run out of town?!!! 'Cause I am. I love the Left Behind books. They are a fictional work that explains a lot of hard to understand prophecy. They also led me to want to study the prophecy in the Bible more on my own. I'm sure the books aren't 100% accurate because nobody understands Daniel or Revelation 100%. If you say you do, well.... I'll be nice and not say it. :laugh: The books are a great evangelism tool, though. A lot of people who would never pick up a Bible have been led to Christ because someone got them interested in these fictional novels. If you don't agree with everything Tim LaHaye says, that's fine, but you really shouldn't bash him so hard. You never know when someone might be looking at this board because they're searching for answers after reading one of his books.

16. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

You assume too much. I've never claimed to understand Daniel and Revelation and my complaint about the books isn't limited to merely how they view Daniel and Revelation.

For the last 2 years, I've regularly read a blogger who has spent 4 years demolishing the first book in the series. I won't promote the site publicly, because there are things on it that I think some will find offensive, but I'll be happy to send you the link in a PM. Start reading that blog from the beginning and I think you might come away with a different perspective on Left Behind. PM me if you want the link.

17. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I took upon a chance a couple of months ago to substitute teach for my (then) Sunday School teacher----teaching a group of young adults

the theme we were teaching through happened to be the book of Revelation

I made the comment something along the lines

Don't waste your time and money buying LaHaye --- you can't feed the soul and heart through the fiction section of the bookstore

You want a good commentary on Revelation ---- choose Dwight Pentecost and his "Things to Come" book or Dr. John Phillips and his "Exploring Revelation" commentaries

You want Gold??? You're gonna have to dig HARD to find it!!! The only thing you'll find in LaHaye's books is hot air!!!

Needless to say---I received a bunch of "Deer in the Headlight" looks and an aweful lot of "Calf lookin' at a new fence" looks!!!

Mercy---we're being duped by the devil, aren't we????

18. lbaker

lbaker New Member

I think I found the blog you're referring to. Very interesting, and entertaining...

19. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Of all the things that we have said about Dr. Tim Lahaye, What should we make of the fact that he has a School of Prophecy at the prestigious Liberty University?

20. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Pray for his students? ;)