1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Has your opinion the death penalty changed after SC church massacre?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Looks like you and I are pretty much in the same boat. Not many consistent politicians out there. Actually, not that many consistent Christians, either, it seems.

If the choice is between Marxist, baby-killing Democrats, and warmongering, corporation-loving neocon Republicans, whom do we vote for? The lesser of two evils? Whom would that be?

2. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

This is what Scarlett said about Jesus: "Turning Jesus into a Mother Theresa -Ghandi type is turning him into a milquetoast, passive, tiptoe-through-the-tulips, let's-don't-even-step-on-a-bug type."

As a response to that inaccurate absurdity, I posted the link. I thought it was entirely appropriate.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well everyone has one! An opinion that is :laugh:

4. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She was stating what the sliding church is seeing Christ to be like, brother. Is today's church not soft on sin? Do you disagree that Cum bi ya preachers are popping up everywhere? Is God not a God of wrath?

Did Jesus NOT teach that there were two roads? To refresh your mind. One was narrow and seldom traveled, the other wide and traveled by many? Did he not teach the that the wide road ended in hell?

Were the disciples soft on sin? Did Paul, who confronted Jesus on the road to Damascus NOT slam homosexual sin?

I'm afraid your views are more world view rather than Biblical world view. It's not to late to see that God hates sin. Loving the sinner does not mean loving their sin. Jesus even warned the believer about entertaining sinners in your home.

Does that make my God a rambo? No! It makes him disappointed with how his prize creation turned out. He is a righteous yet jealous God. But the church has conveniently let that side of the Father slide as they find new ways to tickle ears.

I'm afraid you are off base on this one. IMHO :flower:

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    A year ago, I preach a very tough sermon on commitment. Included in the message was
    A) you need to attend Sunday School (less than 20% attended)
    B) Bring your Bible
    C) Arrive to church on time, in fact, be in sanctuary 10 minutes early to prepare for service. ( I didn't mention that smoking in front of the church was a good ideal)
    D. Learn the Books of the Bible
    E. Memorize Bible Verses
    F. Read your Bible every day

Several church members were upset because I came down too hard, and at least one person told me I should apologize.

At the time, I was the Assistant Pastor. The Senior Pastor did not have me preach any more after that message. You see, he did not want to offend the church members.

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Opps = this thread has gotten off OP!

The thread is about "has your opinion about the death penalty changed after the SC massacre"

I would say if it did not change after 11 Sep, this massacre would not change it.

7. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

And usually more than one. :)

8. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You know Rebel, this is what I kept hearing during the last election cycle. And I would tell people that the lesser of two evils is STILL evil. What would I look like as a follower of Jesus Christ trying to point people to Him while endorsing either of those two primary candidates who showed no love for Him or His way?

Why would I, as a Christian, complain about the moral state of this country and world and then turn around and UNREPENTANTLY vote for evil?

9. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, the hearts and minds of the religious folks that saw what Obama did the first four years voted for him again, and somehow they were unable to recognize pure evil in the incarnate form. So that is saying something about your theory, again! :laugh:

#129 righteousdude2, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
  10. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

I understand and agree to a great extent.

11. glazer1972

glazer1972 Member

My opinion on the death penalty hasn't changed. I am still in favor of it.

12. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Has not changed my mind on the death penalty. I have always supported it.:smilewinkgrin:

13. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God ordered the execution of multitudes of heathens. (not of The Covenant)

14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is hanging cruel? If done properly, death is almost instant. There have been a few botch jobs of lethal injection recently.