hatefulness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by corndogggy, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corndogggy

corndogggy
    Expand Collapse

Deep thoughts of the day...

you know, I'm on alot of boards, for lots of different subjects... hunting, four wheelers, biking, jeeps, guitars, exercising, running, just all kinds of stuff.

On those boards, we talk about everything, even religion, and it can get pretty deep. Also on those boards, most everybody is extremely respectful. If you see a smart-alec response, it's usually just in play, extremely heated disagreement is rare. Most regular board members consider each other some of their best friends and would never want to make them mad, you would not believe the respect that regulars have. Even different faiths talk about religion and there's no fighting.

So, I come here, which is supposed to be a group of people who are supposed to be a bright and shining star for the rest of the world to look up, and comparatively... it's pure hate. I'm not kidding. Comparatively, hateful responses are all over the place. I'm not saying I'm not guilty as well, but seriously, if you truly compare the language of the posts, this board is hateful, disrespectful, closed-minded, a poor example, etc. Comparatively, this board is about the worst that I've ever seen in terms of disrespecting others. Sure, there may not be any talking about the party you went to last night, or cussing, or anything that would ever admit to a sin, but everybody makes up for it by somewhat indirectly lashing out at each other.

Yet, all of this is passed off as "fellowship". Why is that? There's really no excuse for it. There may be a few swears thrown around elsewhere, but without exaggerating, the conversations elsewhere are by and large tons more friendly and helpful. I just don't get it.

Sure there's lots of good people here, and lots of good conversation, but those good people are throwing around some pretty hateful language as compared to most everywhere else. I am seriously on at least 10 boards and I can truly tell a difference. I get worked up over the posts 10 times more than I do ANYWHERE else, and it is extremely obvious that many other people do the same thing just by the tone of their responses. It's easy to brush it off and say I/they just aren't right with the lord, but what I'm saying is that when I read some of your responses, maybe it's YOU who aren't right.

Just something to consider, that's all. :thumbs: By and large, this place is great, but still, the small amount of disrespectfulness here is still alot more than at other boards. And like I said before, I'm guilty of it as well. I just don't understand it.

#1 corndogggy, Apr 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
  2. dan e.

dan e.
    Expand Collapse

Maybe we should start cussing.

3. corndogggy

corndogggy
    Expand Collapse

A beer every now and then wouldn't hurt either. :thumbs:

4. dan e.

dan e.
    Expand Collapse

I don't prefer it, but while you can enjoy one I'll enjoy a nice cigar.

5. Gershom

Gershom
    Expand Collapse

They (Baptists) have a reputation to uphold, after all. :laugh:

6. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist
    Expand Collapse

:rolleyes: :smilewinkgrin:
    corndoggy:

you are not right with the Lord. To prove it to you, you should spell the word "Lord" with either a capital "L" or all bold as in LORD which is to signify the Godhead, the Creator God, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...what is the matter with you ? That is a major, major thing....

7. webdog

webdog
    Expand Collapse

This was posted today by you on another thread.

Maybe we need to step back and ask ourself "am I part of the problem or the solution"?

8. Brother Shane

Brother Shane
    Expand Collapse

Who's really wrong here?

corndoggy,

Know what I find disturbing? You want to emphasize to BaptistBoard.com and have the members remember that they are Christians are their attitudes should reflect their salvation, yet you boastfully post about drinking beer?!

I'll have you know fast that no where in the Bible are we commanded to drink alcohol, but we are commanded to abstain from all appearances of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22). How can you set yourself different from a bar-goer while you are drinking like he or she is? Just tell me... how are you supposed to abstain from ALL appearances of evil by doing that?

I wouldn't have responded if I hadn't of seen that post, but when I read your rebuke to the members here, I couldn't help but notice how hypocritical that sounded.

I have yet to see someone here that is hateful and has lined themselves up with The Book. I didn't find your quoted post above meeting your standards in the O.P. I really don't think that these people are going to be leading someone away from God faster than alcohol will. Why are you learning the ways of the world? Aren't you supposed to be different? You can't drink out of the cup of the devil and the cup of the LORD. (1 Corinthians 10:21).

I just wanted to let you know how your post came across to me.

9. webdog

webdog
    Expand Collapse

This thread is not about alcohol...and in defense of corndoggy, his view on alcohol is the biblical view. Tell me what evil looks like, or the commandment "thou shall not drink alcoholic beverages".

10. JustChristian

JustChristian
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Whattttt? Are you serious?

11. Palatka51

Palatka51
    Expand Collapse

Like you said, this thread is not about alcohol. If we get this started we will be making corndoggy a prophet. And his view is not the Biblical view. But even if that is not your view webdog you are still my brother and ------ 'ahem' ----- love you man.
    That of course is for corndoggy's benefit. See we can disagree and still enjoy a cup of coffee together. :laugh:

12. webdog

webdog
    Expand Collapse

Decaf? Cuz you know caffeine is a recreational drug that ounce for ounce affects the central nervous system more than alcohol ;)

13. Brother Shane

Brother Shane
    Expand Collapse

If this thread isn't about alcohol and should remain without dicussion of it, why bother asking me questions pertaining to it?

In the defense of God's Word, please tell me exactly where the "biblical way" of the view on alcohol is found in the Bible?

The view of evil is the acts of the evil-doer. If you are drunk and holding a beer, the evil is the drinking alcohol. If I see corndoggy holding a beer but not yet drunk, is he still in the "biblical view" of alcohol? As Christians, we're supposed to be the light, not participators of the dark.

14. webdog

webdog
    Expand Collapse

If you are a drunk holding a beer...the evil is in the drunkeness. Applying your reasoning, the evil in a murder is the murder weapon...the evil in cursing is the tongue, the evil in gluttonly is the food, etc., taking any personal accountability away from the sinner.

There are 246 verses in Scripture dealing with alcohol. Do like I did and read them with an open mind (I used to believe as you).

15. Brother Shane

Brother Shane
    Expand Collapse

You applied what I said to a limit. The act of getting drunk is evil. The act of murdering is evil. The act of cursing is evil. That's my view on evil, and regardless of our views on it, scripture still remains!

You may have shown me where alcohol is in the Bible, but you have not shown me where it's OK to consume it. There are plenty of verses about fornication, but that doesn't mean we go out and fornicate "moderately".

I do read with an open mind... and I understand that Jesus wouldn't have drank alcoholic wine when the Bible commands us not to get drunk. Doesn't "getting drunk" all start with drinking in moderation? Why would He want us "drinking it moderation" when that leads so many people astray and prohibits them from entering in the Kingdom of Heaven? That right there would have knocked the whole purpose of Jesus ever walking this Earth!

16. Linda64

Linda64
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

AMEN Brother Shane!:thumbs:

17. Brother Shane

Brother Shane
    Expand Collapse

:p
    Thanks for the encouragement, Linda. I really appreciate it!

18. standingfirminChrist

standingfirminChrist
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Amen, Brother Shane!

Scripture clearly states that in the end it will bite like a serpent and sting like an adder. Why would Jesus condone that which leads so many astray?

He came to seek and save that which was lost, not help them along on the road to hell. Nor to deceive the saved into stumbling because of inability to discern when that serpent bites.

19. Brother Shane

Brother Shane
    Expand Collapse

PREACH IT !!!

It makes no sense for Jesus to help the lost on the road to hell. "Drinking moderately" is just a term inspired by the devil to win more people over to Christ and they not know it. Think about it, who does drinking really benefit? Christ or the devil?

20. webdog

webdog
    Expand Collapse

I will not derail the thread anymore, considering the usual suspects have arrived.

Y'all wallow in your ignorance...

#20 webdog, Apr 2, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.