1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hatefulness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by corndogggy, Apr 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sick.:praying:

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

What do you believe?

Are you a Christian?

3. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

And I'll move this question to your thread on abortion, too, since you said the subject was for another thread---but, how do you define "quality of life", and how do you think this is relevant to the issue of abortion?

Because two things have happened with the advent of technology in the biological sciences---we have the capability to PROVE that life DOES exist inside the womb (have you ever seen a sonogram?---the VIDEO of the ultrasound of the baby inside its mother's womb. It'll prove life to you faster than anything!).....AND we have the capability to decide to embrace it or destroy it.

Back before the technology we have now, parents didn't know beforehand that their child would be born with deformities or handicaps or birth defects.....so they didn't have anybody telling them that they could "choose to abort the less-than-perfect-fetus" if they wanted a baby that had a perfect "quality of life". Now, the same technology that PROVES that there really is a person inside mommy's belly, also gives us the choice to yank that life out of her belly.....proving, I guess, that science brings with it both evil and good consequences---just as everything with man does.

But we as Christians ALREADY HAVE BEEN TOLD that life begins in the womb--by the Bible--God's Word to us. That's all we really need to know.

And, to tie this in with the OP, THIS subject is WORTHY of heated discussion. I personally don't like to see hatefulness employed by anyone, either, corndoggy....but I think sometimes it comes across as hatefulness because posters don't realize how much venom can be perceived in the "written" word. What we say with passion and zeal could often be better phrased, for sure, though.

4. auburnhale

auburnhale New Member

yes. Are you a Christian?

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Yes and I think we've met.

Did you have another name on the BB? Maybe jsn9333?

6. nunatak

nunatak New Member

We can only fulfill this commandment through Christ.

7. standingfirminChrist

It is interesting that the same argument is made so soon after jsn is gone.

Makes one wonder

8. standingfirminChrist

The flesh warreth against the spirit and the spirit against the flesh. Yes, in the flesh dwelleth no good thing.

It is only by the strength of Christ that we can love our enemies.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.