1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Excellent post. Both Calvinist and Arminian apologists on this board are dripping with arrogance and self righteousness and have totally lost their Scriptural bearings.

2. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Brother, a post such as this is past your character, so why did you state it this way? I know Brother Jeff personally, haved talked with him on the phone, and also heard him preach(and did a good job, btw). Let me tell you, there's not a more humble, God-honoring, God-fearing, God-exhalting CHRISTian that I know of than him. He was addressing the rampant problem that has been spreading like wildfire on here, and there's been none of the "higher-ups", who have "stepped up" to squash it.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

I'll drink to that.....make mine a milk please....

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I concur...an apology is in order.

5. Herald

Herald New Member

Hatred is dislike on steroids. In regards to a person, reason and sound judgment are cast aside and replaced with overwhelming negative passion. Hatred transcends dislike and turns into loathing; a feeling of utter disgust and revulsion. People who hate other people are capable of deplorable acts, maliciousness, and a desire to hurt. Those who are pathological in their hatred can go as far as murder.

Do we see this type of hatred on the BB? Personally I see more immaturity, stupidity, and foolishness than actual hatred.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK...I Admit it......I hate pedophiles.

7. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Well said, brother!!!

8. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Brother, we might disagree over many things, but I don't believe you are tell the truth here. I believe you are going for a run, one like you have never had before!!! Let me know how the run worked out if you make it.

9. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I believe it is entirely possible to hate what someone believes or teaches without hating the person. Unfortunately that does not carry well across an impersonal internet.

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    you must be the riddler. :smilewinkgrin:

11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No I HATE certain people.....they are total scum of the earth & who do not have the presence of mind to do anything but hurt people, animals etc. Those are the Psychotics, the Sociopaths, the pedophiles, the animal abusers etc.

Did ya like Joe Stalin, Adolf Hitler, Mao? Do you like Banksters, Neo Nazi Skinheads, Perverts & Pedophiles who abuse children (& on a repeated basic), how bout rapists? Do you like them? My wife works to jail people who run cons to get money for animals while all the while they starve, neglect & murder innocent dumb animals.....ya like those folks?

12. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Wow brother, what did I do to get blasted?

I never meant to imply that there was no one I hated. But certainly as professing Christians on this board, I trust that we can actually love one another while still disagreeing, sometimes firmly, on certain issues.

Those folks you mentioned are in an entirely different class.

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry....my comments were not supposed to be directed at you! Please accept my apology.

14. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Ok- no problem and please forgive me for misunderstanding your comments.

(We gotta stop all this niceness- going to ruin this forum!):laugh:

15. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

#55 HeirofSalvation, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
  16. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

No response from me one this one. It s a evident that I do not belong on this forum. You win I leave!

17. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Two suggestions:

1.) Don't "Mis-represent"...no one has asked you to "leave". Nor suggested that you do so
    2.) Don't lie: Most likely...you won't actually leave anyway.

Who are you kidding?

P.S. your "response" qualifies as a "response"...so, there is a "response"...it consists of you demanding that everyone begin begging you to stay...don't worry, it'll work, they'll beg, and you'll stay.

I've seen this tactic used by middle-school girls all my life....well, since I was 12-ish anyway.

#57 HeirofSalvation, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
  18. DFG

DFG New Member

Really, I had 3 known gang members target my family and do a drive by in an attempt on my the pregnant wife's life and my then 6 year old because I was a State Trooper. They cost me my job and a lot of other things. Not saying it was easy but I have forgiven them. Now don't confuse that with having them over for dinner by any means.

19. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Implying that YOU can and how SAD that so many NOT ON YOUR LEVEL cannot.

I encourage you to read the "I problem thread"

20. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No, no.

He's right.

There is no spewing here.

People always get accused of being hateful when they STING us with truth that hits at a flaw in our very core.

MOST PEOPLE in this world are self-righteous and don't even know it. Don't have a clue. They find it SHOCKING that someone would accuse them of this. They are TOTALLY oblivious.

This is true of me and you.

But your post here quoted above is actually a great deal more vicious than HOS's post that you attack for being vicious.

Is it POSSIBLE...

Just pause and think about it for a minute.

It is POSSIBLE... that everything he said is right and that you are wrong on this?

Would you CONSIDER... just CONSIDER... that when people taut "UNITY!! Don't be so MEAN!!!" that it is often times from a self-righteous heart that, perhaps even SUB-CONSCIOUSLY, sees itself as more enlightened and superior in some way to those it criticizes??

Would you CONSIDER that?

Because I think one of the most EFFECTIVE evangelistic methods in HISTORY has been polemical apologetics- and it HURTS and HUMILIATES and INFURIATES- but it works. And it is THE method that Paul and Stephen and Jesus, etc... used most often.

I think the DEVIL, in this post-hippy era, in this Joel Osteen age, is STEALING from us the most effective method of evangelism the church has ever used.

Would you CONSIDER that the reason you think HOS is so wrong is because he is telling the truth about you and it hurts????

Would you CONSIDER it????

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.