1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

I think you are DEAD wrong.

I think some of you have a very skewed idea of real, biblical Christianity.

NOBODY thinks that there are not times for gentleness. We ALL think that with new converts and weaker brethren we have to be gentle.

But in this post-hippy era, gentleness is not wanting in evangelicalism. Oh, it is with some freaks like Fred Phelps whose church runs about thirty.

What is wanting in this era is the courage to use the pointy end of the Sword of the Spirit.

There are few Elijah's mocking the prophets of Baal, today.

There are few Pauls getting up in Peters' faces today.

There are few who are rebuking people SHARLPY that their mouths would be shut.

But that TOO is biblical Christianity.

And some of us are tired of this self-righteous, sissified idea that causes folks like you to beat polemicists to death with handfuls of posies.

Some of us are tired of this Joel Osteen Christianity. And I know you don't like his ministry, but his greatest detriment to this age is not WHAT he says but the WAY he says it- and what he lacks the COURAGE to say. Whereas you may disagree with his doctrine, it seems to me like you love his soft-soapen methods.

There IS a time for gentleness.

But that does not negate the fact that there is ALSO a time for firmness. The righteous are bold as a lion.

It is a sin to cover the pointy end of the Sword of the Spirit with pink, perfumed, throw pillows.

#61 Luke2427, Feb 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2013
  2. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

This is exactly right. People who do not see this just simply don't WANT to see it.

One is not tremendously humble who is so QUICK to defend one's SELF and so FIERCE in doing so.

Humility can be fainted so well that not only will those who know you best be completely duped, but even you yourSELF will be duped into believing it.

The humblest people are RARELY the ones who LOOK and SEEM humble.

Those people are often the MOST arrogant and that is WHY they go to such great efforts to paint themselves as so humble. The GREATEST arrogance is wanting it to be said of you that you are tremendously humble.

This is evidence that demands a verdict. The verdict seems clear.

I agree.

#62 Luke2427, Feb 15, 2013
  3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Come now gentlemen.....this is too funny, even for me:laugh:

In fairness, none of us has the right to criticize others. We are all men & sinners, are we not? I dont believe all you Christian men here truly wish to deal with sin.... as for myself, sometimes I really prefer it for what it is and freely choose it. For in this world, sin is reality & totally saturates everything we do so lets not throw our stones as if we have a moral high-ground. If Christ was to write your name in the sand with a list of your sins, I sincerely doubt you could hold onto your rock. I know I could not.

And while we are on the subject gents, let us remember that the worst crime of humanity is "Hypocrisy". It is the mother of all sins. There isn't a human being alive, I am certain, who doesn't wallow in it, {knowingly or unknowingly}.

So drop your swords....we got lurkers awatchin us.

4. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Then this site ought to be closed because there is no way to discuss matters such as these without being pointed; without saying things bluntly in a way that some people are going to get upset.

If we are concerned about non-christians reading these threads so we have to put on airs of being always gentle when NONE of us believe that you should always be gentle- then this site has NO PURPOSE other than to deceive.

But the fact is that NONE of us are ALWAYS concerned about being nice for the sake of lurkers because ALL of us get pointed and rough when it suits us.

Old Union proved that in this very thread he started.

He pleads for sweetness and then when someone questioned his sincerity he IMMEDIATELY got vicious.

Let's just talk like men (those of us who are) and let tempers flair from time to time. Let's stop trying to fool ourselves and others that we are SO VERY sensitive to lurkers or fellow Christians.

ALL OF US on this site get angry and hateful when it suits us and MOSt of us get pious and holier than thou condemning others for being angry and hateful when it suits us.

We are all plagued with an arrogant, self-centered Adamic nature and it comes out often. It shows itself through our preaching down at others as if we are more enlightened and sensitive and it shows itself when we get vicious.

Let's acknowledge that we are all plagued with the flesh, talk like men and go on.

I CAN'T THINK OF ANYTHING THAT WOULD BE BETTER FOR NON-CHRISTIANS TO SEE.

What they despise is this holier-than-thou crap.

When they see that we recognize that we have tempers just like they do, and they see we recognize we can be self-righteous with the best of them- it tears down barriers of bull crap which stinks in their nostrils and it reminds them of the Gospel-

JESUS CAME TO SAVE SINNERS OF WHOM WE ARE CHIEF.

#64 Luke2427, Feb 15, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.