1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have any of your views changed?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Winman, Jan 8, 2012.

?
  1. My views have not changed whatsoever

55.6%
  2. I have changed my view in minor points- Explain

22.2%
  3. I have changed my view in major points- Explain

22.2%
  4. My views have changed completely

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Van, I was calling you out for doing the very thing you have done again. Get over your pride and admit your wrong. Stop whining like a child when someone says you were wrong. I have done no "ad hominem" because I was not engaging in an argument with you. It would be impossible. I had no personal attack on your views.

You on the other hand did have a personal attack on others.

First, you didn't quote any verses. Second, they wouldn't be an ad hominem anyway.

Now, are you going to admit you were wrong, or are you going to whine about this post too? You get your feelings hurt way too easily. Saying that others have taught you that "Scripture means nothing" is false. Talk about a personal attack!

#41 jbh28, Jan 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2012
  2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

The VAN is never wrong... :wavey:

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it scripture that means nothing to them, or is it your interpretation they have difficulty accepting?

Van, is it possible for people to disagree on what scripture is saying and all be within the fold of Christ?

4. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

I have become far less of a "pentacostal" Baptist, still allow for some of the Gifts do still operate/function, but getting to the point of become one who sees it more from a cessing view point !

Also see it more from the " 5 point perspective" in calvinism as regarding sotierology, not still fully persuaded, but would now see myself as a "4.5 pointer"!

Also, do see just how adament the "KJVO" are for their positions, and seeing how the Niv 2011 might be having its own "followers" strating on a similiar pathway!

Finally, just seeing how much the influence of the idea of so called "free will" has crept into modern Gospel, as so many view us as being the deciding factor in salvation process!