1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have I proved my point?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Marcia, Dec 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donnA

donnA Active Member

fellowship only forums are not baptst only, as I have said some have posted here in the past looking for baptists to answer.
    Not to mention, marcia is the one who posted all the nondebate topics, on which people ahd different opinions, disagreeing with each other, thats debate.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

:BangHead: this would be the correct nonsmiley to use.

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

If I did put them in the Forum for Polls, I would do a poll correctly. I have in the past done polls.

I followed the MO of the best coffee thread, which did not do a poll.

4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That's because we're Baptists and thank goodness we're in the "Baptist Only" section. :saint:

5. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I meant it. You have much to offer! :flower:

6. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

This thread has been hijacked!! Now what kinda coffee did you say was best??/ errrrr what was the OP point?:thumbs:

7. donnA

donnA Active Member

There are currently 39 'guests' on the BB, glad they have a chance to read the argument over there not being enough arguing on the board, and sure hope they stay away from the non arguing threads, they might get the wrong idea, they might start believing we're friendly.

8. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Debate, not arguing.

DEBATE FORUMS
    A. General Baptist Discussions
    B. Bible Theology and Bible Study
    C. Fundamental Baptist Forum
    D. Bible Versions/Translations

These are the 4 forums in the DEBATE Forums.

9. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

Isn't "proving our point" a general Baptist debate? It is in many business meetings.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

It still does not say debate only.
    you can't change that fact.
    Then theres the fact, you started the nondebate threads in question, then complain because people posted on your threads, you turn around and you also post in the nondebate threads your complaining about.
    You aren't obeying your own rules you complain about others not following. And since it doesn't say debate only, it is your rules, not the boards.

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

I've seen poeple post in the baptist theology and bible study asking things like, where are some good free online bible schools, which commentary(or other study aid) none of which were debates. I guess a person should not ask such questions on a christian board, especially if they want baptist only opinions. But people trust others opinions on such matters on this board. Not allowed in the debate sections I supose.

12. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

The point has been proved.

>

>

>

>

Uh, what was it again?? :confused:

Oh wait! I just now realized what the point of the OP is!

>

>

The point Marcia was attempting to "prove" is that she "has way too much time on her hands", lately!

Point proved, IMO! :thumbsup:

Ed

#52 EdSutton, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2008
  13. donnA

donnA Active Member

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Business Meeting, am I too late for the chicken?

You know it would take Baptist to debate what goes in the debate/Baptist forum? It proves both sides of the discussion.

15. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

The chicken was f irst.

16. Spinach

Spinach New Member

I see Marcia's point, but I don't think it's important. Right now it is the holidays and a lot of people are too full of joy to have serious debate. They're sharing the love. I don't mind debate and I don't mind fluff. If a thread is in the wrong forum, surely the mods will move it.

Donna, she posted all of those things to make her point, not to *not follow her own rules*. It was a test. She posted a boat load of fluffy topics and everyone seemed to enjoy them. Then she posted this about it proving her point. She proved her own point.

17. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I agree - this is what the media here call the 'silly season,' so would say either enjoy or endure it and we'll get back to serious business after the holidays.

In fact, I am supposed to be on a BB break - so...'see you all in a few days :).

18. TomMann

TomMann New Member

I'll have to admit there are times that I have checked in and found nothing being dicussed that interested me. I mean face it, if I'm looking for some thing spritually uplifting.... I may not be interested in "Should Pators Wear Earings". However, the norm seems to be if you post something of spiritual interest ya better be prepared for aheated, vicious, and perhaps vindictive response. Maybe I'll check the ear thingy post again.....

And again, since I have seldom posted new topics myself (more a reader observer) I probably shouldn't complain till I do something to add to quality of the debate!

19. Spinach

Spinach New Member

You could start one that says, "Should Pastors wear earrings, have long, shiny fingernails, and shave under their arms?" because I know one of those.

20. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Sister Marcia has proven her point----------and with that in mind----this thread will be closed----theres no use in beating a living horse thats plowin' good ground for ya

I believe C4K has a point to consider as well------and I thought the same thing---------this is the Christmas season to be filled with good cheer--and there is a point where we as moderators of the forum seemed to have "given slack" just a little bit---which is allowable by Robert's Rules of Order

Things will begin to flow in a regular pattern with holiday behind us

So thank you Marcia-----and pray that your new year be filled with the pleasures of the Lord Jesus "forevermore"

Bro. David
    aka blackbird

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.