1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have y'all heard of "Storying"

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Grace, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Grace

Grace New Member

Hey Y'all!

I've been researching Mission Assignments online (for after I graduate from "the institution"). One of the neatest ministries that I've seen is "storying." The missionary stays with a village that is pretty much illiterate, and communicates the gospels through stories, songs, dance, etc. I'm not saying that this is what I'll be doing, but it definitely bears more prayer and looking into.

Anybody else heard of this??

2. koreahog2005

koreahog2005 New Member

Yes. It's become a common method with certain people groups.

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

It is a common practice in places where people cannot read and write. Dr. Lovejoy at SWBTS has been doing some research in this area. He has also been working with missionaries on the field.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There was an excellent article several years ago (4-5 maybe?) in the SBC Missions mag The Commission about this approach in several of the fields where SBC missionaries serve.

If you could dig it up from their archives you would really get a boost from it.

Come to think of it, it was probably closer to 10-12 years ago. I've been retired for over 6 years now, and it was quite a while before then!

Boy time sure does fly!!!

5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Yes I have heard this approach is very effective. It is good to see people utilizing methods that help present the Word of Life to folks who need to hear the truth.

6. Rookiepastor

Rookiepastor New Member

A friend of mine, at an inner city church, uses this method to share the gospel, and with great results.

God Bless