1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you ever heard of Baptist Mid Missions in Cleveland, OH?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by DUCKY73, Feb 6, 2007.

1. DUCKY73

DUCKY73 New Member

Is it right that a Mission Agency should play God?

2. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

Ducky,

Nothing we can do about it. Except pray.

It is something that the churches, the missionaries and the mission agency will have to work out between themselves without the help of the BB.

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ducky, I would answer your "is it right" question no.

But is there something in particular about this Baptist Mid Missions that you have in mind? IOW, asking the question about it and not any other mission agencies?

4. AAA

AAA New Member

No I have not heard of them.

What do you mean by playing GOD?

thanks

:godisgood:

5. DUCKY73

DUCKY73 New Member

BMM is located in Cleveland, OH and has well over 1,000 missionaries around the world. Recently the dismissed a young couple from the missionfor no real reason. This couple spent 2 four year terms in Africa and when they had to leave Africa because of political problems in the country, they transferred to France where they spent 3 terms and built a small church up to over 80 people. The thanks they received from BMM was that they could no longer return to France and that they were no longer missionaries with them. They were told that they could seek a secular jor at age 50. That is what I mean by BMM playing God!
    DUCKY73

#5 DUCKY73, Feb 7, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2007
  6. DUCKY73

DUCKY73 New Member

BMM is located in Cleveland, OH and has well over 1,000 missionaries around the world. Recently the dismissed a young couple from the missionfor no real reason. This couple spent 2 four year terms in Africa and when they had to leave Africa because of political problems in the country, they transferred to France where they spent 3 terms and built a small church up to over 80 people. The thanks they received from BMM was that they could no longer return to France and that they were no longer missionaries with them. They were told that they could seek a secular jor at age 50. That is what I mean by BMM playing God!
    DUCKY73

7. DUCKY73

DUCKY73 New Member

Churches should support a missionary and not a mission agency! When BMM dictates to a young couple to leave the mission after 20+ years of faithful service for the Lord, I feel that they are playing God [the Holy Spirit]. The couple was dismissed for no apparent reason and told to get a secular job.
    DUCKY73

8. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

God is still in control and this has not caught Him off guard. God will take care of them. As far as taking care of missionaries directly well even then when a church does this when a new Pastor comes in so many get their suport cancelled because of the "vision" of the new Pastor. There are pros and cons with ahndling support either way.

9. AAA

AAA New Member

Bmm shouldn't have done that..n/t

10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ducky, the main point is in your question: "The couple was dismissed for no apparent reason and told to get a secular job." (bold is my emphasis) Maybe there is no apparent reason THAT YOU KOW OF. Maybe the mission board is at fault, but we need to know the facts. It could be of a very personal nature, and we may not NEED to be privy to all the facts.

Pastor Larry said it best: (on the Fundamental Baptist thread)
    Perhaps there is more to this story than we are seeing here. It would be wise to direct all question to the mission, rather than post one-sided gossip on a public board.

Otherwise, I have already given my full answer under the Fundamental Baptist thread
    http://baptistboard.com/showthread.php?p=952362#post952362

Salty

11. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Missionaries with BMM go to churches to get their own support. BMM are just a clearing house for finances sent to them by the missionary's supporting churches. They are not like the Cooperative Program of the sbc at all.

I agree about finding out more than a one sided presentation