1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

have you ever witnessed a real miracle?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Sep 13, 2006.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

just last night i watched a conversation about healing on tv. there were 2 conservative pastors and they all said they have done healing services but they weren't about healing but rather about blessing the person. they both said they have never witnessed a miraculous healing. this was so depressing. watching it really dragged me down. i mean this made everything look so ridiculous. they talked about jesus and his miracles but at the same time they have never witnessed anything like this. doesnt this look ridiculous somehow? it looks as if these people simply arent realistic and simply live in a dream world because even though they have never witnessed a real miracle they talk about jesus miracles but at the same time it doesnt even seem to bother them that they dont witness miracles.
    i want to see miracles. otherwise i would feel totally dumb if i simply talk about them and have nothing to back them up with. i mean this simply looks ridiculous when you talk about miracles and claim they exist but you've never seen them.
    if your only sources are other people which claim that they have seen miracles then how can you even be so sure they are real? i mean isn't it the way that christians simply rely on miracles which others claim to have experienced? there are many books out there about christians which lived in the past which write about healing revivals and countless miracles but how do we know they are telling the truth? what if they are frauds and we christians read their books and think they are real and totally rely on them and they're not even real?
    i guess what I'm trying to say is that always having to rely on what others tell you and never seeing it with your own eyes really sucks.
    i have been in healing services and never seen a real miracle even though they advertised that people get healed but all I saw was people getting healed from back pains or headaches.... great.
    this is stuff which you cannot even check. why are the people with headaches healed but not the people in wheelchairs? i think that this makes everything look so ridiculous like in a bad movie and then i ask myself why they aren't healed. healing is such a complicated subject. on the one hand we have those which do not even seem to believe in miracles anymore and on the other hand we have those which believe that healing is our right and that we simply have to claim it to receive it. both views seem wrong to me.

2. PJ

PJ Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    xdisciplex -

Be watchful, listen for His small still voice, and focus on the Lord's promises daily. Miracles are happening around you every day!

Have I seen miracles? Absolutely, and many of them! I tuck them close to my heart, and I thank the Lord for his love, patience and mercy on a wretch like me.

Be not discouraged ... and live like you mean it! :)

#2 PJ, Sep 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2006
  3. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Would the new birth qualify??

Ed

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Ed

If salvation doesn't qualify - then a bunch of folks aren't getting into heaven.

;)

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Well one thing that happened a few months ago that really amazed me!!

After I had preached for the second time for the Glory of God. After the Sunday I preached it seemed as if every problem that could have come up, came up!!

Monday = Tire blew

Tuesday = Battery died

Wednesday = I found out my best friend was trying to kick it to my wife.

Thursday = My brother sent me a letter offending me.

By friday, I was broke, and upset.. LOL... All of a sudden when I go to church this deacon name Mr. Willy he came up and said he felt from the lord to provide me with $35.00 and I was like.. " ohh, no you dont have to " he was like " take and dont worry about it "

Next morning, he found out my Adress and brought me another $100.00 and I was hesitant about taking them but I hardly had any food at home. He just left it and took off.. at night time of that same day, my pastors called me at 11:30PM at night stating that they had to come over.

When they came over, they brought me another $150.00 and stating that they felt in their spirits to do so...

Just wanted to share that.. God can still do miracles!!! He is a Great GOD!!! Some people feel as if they serve a handicapped God... A God that died and cant do miracles..

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

there were 2 conservative pastors and they all said they have done healing services but they weren't about healing but rather about blessing the person. they both said they have never witnessed a miraculous healing. this was so depressing. watching it really dragged me down. i mean this made everything look so ridiculous.

Conservative? A conservative Christian doesn't just believe - he or she knows that God is the God of miracles. I believe that you watched some liberal pastors that did not have faith that the God of Creation is also the God of miracles.

Have you found that mentor, yet?

:godisgood: all the time.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Interesting testimony, Tali.

I wish God would also send someone with money to me. :)
    No seriously, I wish I would also experience such things.

Is it possible that you believe that God heals but still you never witness it?

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

m m m . . .

Let me get this straight . . . is it possible for a Christian to have not witnessed God healing someone from eternal damnation?

Great question.

Can a person under judgement of eternal damnation be healed without witnessing their salvation?

:godisgood: