1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you ever witnessed to a muslim?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Jay and Kelly, Nov 19, 2005.

1. Are you aware that it is called for them to lie, if it means spreading Islam! How can we get a sincere answer from them? We area also in danger of the jihad, which is also called upon them to do, to an infidel. Christians are infidels, in their corrupt eyes!

The concept of the Trinity is also a very negative issue. They will argue that Allah is the only God. Allah was supposably revealed by the angel,Gabriel. Yet, the Bible clearly says not to listen to strange teachings,even if an angel from heaven attempts to add scripture. We need to test all these things with scripture.

Jesus Christ is an awesome way to witness to a muslim, if you feel safe. This is why. They do believe that Jesus was a prophet, and that he can't lie. Their conundrum lies in this situation. "If you believe that Jesus is a prophet,and he can't lie; then Jesus is fully God" . The reason: Jesus claimed to be God. So, either their Koran is corrupt, or they continue this way>> The Bible was corrupted, and Jesus never really claimed to be God. This really gets me fired up!

Also, try to bring up how they will receive heaven. The god of the Koran,is not a loving, and caring God. He demands them to do things, which are humanly impossible. "never urinate on yourself" push the down button now! They have been alienated from having real hope. They don't have calm. They always feel that Allah if weighing their good vs. bad on a scales. How can they win? This is perhaps the best way to gain their respect, and interest.
    I do suggest caution in this endeavor. They have many perversions of our Bible. "the Great conforter", Jesus spoke about coming; they believe is Muhammed. They changed a greek word parakletos from paraklytos to get this diversion. We know that the Great Comforter in the Holy Spirit!

I will close with a strong and truthful statement. A fundamentalist Muslim ( a good muslim, that adheres fully to the koran) believes that their only guarantee of paradise is to Kill in the name of their god. The hijackers that knocked down our twin towers were fundamentalist muslims. Do not let our inclusivist society distort your thinking. If they really want to follow the koran,to the extreme, then Christians have much to fear about Islam. In the end, Jesus will prevail. Every knee shall bow and confess, "Jesus is Lord"

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the timely post. Never have witnessed to a Muslim. I think there was one in our town here in Japan once, though! :D

I've witnessed to many Buddhists and Shintoists, an occasional Jew, a few atheists and a lot who thought they were Christians! ;)

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

Without trying to hijack the thread here John, what do you find is the differences between Buddhism and Shintoism?

4. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi, Ben.

I'd be happy to explain. To keep it short:

(1) Shinto is nothing more than your basic animism. It teaches that everything has a spirit and can be worshipped. I've seen an old Japanese man praying to a mountain, I've seen people praying to trees, etc. Other than that it has no doctrine, and it has no holy books.

(2) Buddhism seeks "enlightenment." The method for this depends on the sutra (holy writing) of the particular sect: meditation for Zen, chanting for Jodo Shinshu, etc.

In Japan, though, whether Shinto or Buddhism, traditional religion always ends up being ancestor worship, taken from later Confucianism.

[​IMG]

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've witnessed to muslims and when the deity of Christ was brought up they became very angry.
    It was very "unproductive".
    Maybe I went about it the wrong way.

On the other hand we have some dear muslim friends (a young married couple) who are very kind and gentle folk.

As of yet however I have only briefly spoken with them of Christianity because of the former experience.

My wife is a nurse's assistant in an Alzheimer's Home where she met the young lady (a caregiver) and they sometimes discuss "religion" at lunch.
    The young lady is very paranoid about consuming pork and often asks my wife about the lunch menu.

They are from the Gambia (Africa) which has a goodly Christian constituency (10% or so).
    He is an Information Technology state official here in WA. He was naturalized 3 years ago.
    They speak English fluently (she has a "British" accent).

They were excused from Ramadan because she is pregnant with their first child and could not fast.

They did not seem to mind when I asked to say grace at dinner in their home.

Great food! No pork of course.
    Dessert was exceptional, Cous-Cous with raisins and sweetened buttermilk.

Perhaps the Lord will give us the words to say.

HankD