1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you studied Islam?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by neal4christ, Nov 16, 2002.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

To continue to blindly accuse Christianity because Muslims believe in a false Christ, a false god, a false religion, is slanderous to all of Christianity to say the least.

If people think we worship three Gods, and we do nothing to change that view, then what? Maybe we're not doing anyuthing wrong, but that doesn't mean we're doing everything right. When I "accuse" Christianity, as you say, I "accuse" myself as well. Personal responsibility was a biblical train, the last time I looked.

As far as DHK's reply of "I said no such thing" in regards to all of Islam being responsible for the WTC attack, the original post which reads "I don't think they intentionally lie about Christianity about as much as I don't think that they intentionally flew those jet-liners into the WTC towers" certainly gives that impression. The least you could do is say 'oops, didn't mean to give that impression, sorry', but that would mean asserting some Christian responsibility, which you are refuting in the first place.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Yes, I did read the verses of the Koran which refer to the Trinity. If they were to view the Trinity as one God, then we'd be correct. If they interpret the Trinity to mean three Gods, then their view would be correct. I'm not saying that's what did or didn't happen, I'm saying that's what could happen.

Slight segway: Has anyone seen the Star Trek:TNG episode called "Darmok"? Where another society uses english words, but uses analogy for grammar instead of syntax? For example, to describe a remantic setting, they would say "Juliet on her balcony". But if you don't know who Juliet was, or what she was doing on that balcony, then the analogy is completely meaningless. Sorry for the total diversion, but, for anyone who's sen that episode, it could possibly relate to this thread.

[ November 23, 2002, 03:58 AM: Message edited by: Johnv ]

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First get the cause right. The cause of what they believe is grounded in the Koran. It is wrong and incorrect, and yes it needs to be changed. How can I change it? I can't change the Koran. The Muslim's thinking on the Bible is that every verse of the Bible has been corrupted and that only what is in the Koran is true and accurate and inspired by Allah. What we have therefore is worthless in their minds, although they will respect it as a Sacred book.

The only way their minds are going to be changed on anything is through effective evangelism. Be friendly to them. Look for opportunities to witness to them. And use the Word of God whenever possible. No matter what their view is, the Word of God is still a Sword that pierces the heart.
    DHK

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

The only way their minds are going to be changed on anything is through effective evangelism. Be friendly to them. Look for opportunities to witness to them. And use the Word of God whenever possible. No matter what their view is, the Word of God is still a Sword that pierces the heart.

You get no arguement from me here. I'd add that effective evangelism is not "what you believe is wrong". Effective evangelism is "I want to tell you about the real Jesus". Effective evangelism is where you leave and they say 'tell me more', instead of you saying 'I want to tell you more' when they want you to leave.

[ November 23, 2002, 04:14 AM: Message edited by: Johnv ]