1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HCSB - really inexpensive

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by BruceB, Dec 11, 2004.

1. BruceB

BruceB New Member

For those who would like to add to their library of Bibles; I was in the Life Way Store in Fayetteville NC yesterday (I assume they all offer the same promotions). Life Way was featuring the HCSB in the original red, hardback edition for $7.97 (regularly sold there at $14.95). That is about as inexpensive as a hardcover Bible will get. BruceB

2. EaglewingIS4031

EaglewingIS4031 New Member

Yeah I paid full price for it last spring! I think they are trying to dump off the first printing because of all the typos and misprints. Christmas is a good time to do it. The plain cover pew Bibles have the same mistakes. they are the same price at our LifeWay.

3. west

west New Member

Is that the one with the bullit notes ?

4. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

I picked up the hardback on ebay for $3.00 plus $2.00 shipping. The cover was a little loose, but no marks in the Bible. Good enough to read.

I have not read much yet (most I have read was from the $2 paperback NT's they were selling to get people to like it.) Where are some of the major typo's Eaglewing--I want to see if mine has them. If you don't know off-hand, don't bother trying to locate any.
    Thx,
    Phillip

5. Phillip

Phillip <b>Moderator</b>

Hey, Lamentations is interesting. It has the Hebrew letter at the top of each portion with its English pronunciation. Exmp: "Alef", "Bet" (don't have the fonts or know how to type them for the Hebrew, if I did.)

About Bullet notes, mine has a lot of footnotes. For example: "Rev. 13-1 Other mss read: heads was a blasphemous name"

6. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

The 2003 edition of the HCSB can be downloaded for free along with 21 other English translations of the Bible into a free Bible study program that includes four Greek texts of the N.T., the LXX, several multi-volume commentaries on the Bible, Bible dictionaries, Bible encyclopedias, and other references. Also included with this free program are a hymnal, Bible atlas, Bible art, many Christian classics, and other goodies--all for free at http://e-sword.net/

[​IMG]

7. EaglewingIS4031

Page # 857 & 858 the references at the top should refer to Mk. 11:23 and 24, Instead it is Mk. 10:23 and 24. Same on page # 872 should be Lk 5:16 but reads Lk 3:16. Also on page 1070, one of the titles of Jesus is "Source of LifeWay Network User...Acts 3:15" but Acts 3:15 just says "Source of Life." I guy at church said he found an Old Testament page where the footnotes are labeled wrong but I don't remember where? I will ask him today at Sunday School. I have not found any typos in the text it's self but their may be some. Just the 3 I mentioned make me believe that LifeWay/Holman rushed it to print?

8. EaglewingIS4031

Also on page 1073 Lazurus is listed as bing raised in Luke 11 not John 11. Here is a thread on the topic of typos from back in October it is listed on page 5 of the versions forum.
    HCSB Typos

I gave my wife a leather bound thin line reference edition a few months ago and I gave my brother the Sportsman's edition. They haven't told me of any errors. I think it is just red ones and plain cover pew bibles.
    I've used my red Hard back alot and the binding broke a few weeks ago. A little Gorilla Glue and it is bound better than ever.
    I can't fault people for typos, my post are full of them. But then again I don't sell these post to people either.

Eaglewing &lt;&gt;&lt;