1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hcsb

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Gershom, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

2. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

This is interesting because a couple years ago Lifeway tried to get MyBibleStudy.com up and running and it failed to gain traction. The original site was tracked into small group studies with the application of a group manager and such.

This isn't to say it was a bad product, it was fantastic, but the pricing was way out of control.

With this new site I'm pretty impressed to say the least. I haven't had a chance to get really into but it does look helpful. The availability of the Bible Dictionary, HNTC, and other free (albeit SBC) stuff is really nice. I'll be recommending it to our group leaders.

It does a feel of youversion.com but with a different set of tools. Adding this to my other large set of Bible study bookmarks I can't imagine a small group leader not showing up adequately prepared anymore. There's just too much good, free, stuff out there.

This is looks like a good resource. Not too awfully deep, certainly not as deep at youversion.com, but a helpful addition. :)

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

The '09 revision is a good step forward. Like Crossway with the ESV, they're marketing it miserably.

4. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

My pastor recently gave me a Holman Christian Standard Bible Study Bible. I would highly recommend it.