1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

He doeth according to His Will, not mine !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Jun 1, 2015.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Dan 4:35

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

The god of arminiansm and freewillism does according to mans will ! However the God of the Bible, the One the Saints of God know and Worship does according to His Will, We Praise Him as the Sovereign God and Lord Ps 115:3

3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Now if these things be True "He doeth according to His Will " then why is it that so many who say they are Believers in the One True God, which is whom our above texts refer to, why is it that they believe and teach that all for whom He desires to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth as stated in 1 Tim 2:4, that not all of them shall be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth ? For the word Will in Dan 4:35

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Its the Hebrew word tseba:

wished,to be inclined, desire, be pleased

And so Dan 4:35 can read:

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his desire,wish in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

It plainly states that He does or performs what He desires among the inhabitants of the earth, that means among men without hindrance !

But yet if we believe and teach that He fails to perform that which He wishes and desires of all men He desires it for, then His desire is hindered, His Hand is stayed. See 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth

The word will here the greek word theló it means the same as the Heb word tsbea did :

I will, wish, desire, am willing, intend, design.

This is a serious problem and contradiction if indeed God does not do according to His Desire and or wish according to Dan 4:35 !

Those of you who Teach and Believe that according to Gods desire in 1 Tim 2:4 , that all without exception He desires it for, will not be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth, you are guilty of a serious contradiction in the integrity of Gods Word, and it appears you give a mans will preeminence over Gods !

2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup:

Ezekiel 36
    24 "For I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands and bring you into your own land.
    25 "Then I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your filthiness and from all your idols.
    26 "Moreover, I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; and I will remove the heart of stone from your flesh and give you a heart of flesh.
    27 "I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will be careful to observe My ordinances. .....
    32 "I am not doing this for your sake," declares the Lord GOD, "let it be known to you. Be ashamed and confounded for your ways, O house of Israel!"
    ...........Then they will know that I am the LORD."'"

3. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ••And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.[Ro. 8:38 ]

•• For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love[Eph. 1:4]

••It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy.[Ro. 9:16]

••In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will,[Eph. 1:11]

Everything that occurs is in accordance to the Sovereign's will...

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Do you believe that any of the all that God desired to be saved and come it the knowledge of the Truth according to 1Tim2:4 that any of them shall not be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth as God so desired?