1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

He is the propitiation for our sins !

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by savedbymercy, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

This means that He is the propitiation for our unbelief in addition to our other sins.

That word propitiation also means reconciliation as in Heb 2:17

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

Some other translations versions read:

17 Wherefore it behooved him in all things to be made like unto his brethren, that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.ASV

17 So it is evident that it was essential that He be made like His brethren in every respect, in order that He might become a merciful (sympathetic) and faithful High Priest in the things related to God, to make atonement and propitiation for the people’s sins.AMP

Now this propitiation, atonement, reconciliation occurred on the basis of His Death, and that even while believers were unbelievers and enemies Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

10 If the death of his Son restored our relationship with God while we were still his enemies, we are even more certain that, because of this restored relationship, the life of his Son will save us. GW

Understand something, for those of us Christ died for, because of His Death propitiating God on our behalf, while we were yet still enemies, we had been restored back in a right relation with, received into His Favour.

The word reconciled in Rom 5:10 is the greek word katallassō:

I.to change, exchange, as coins for others of equivalent value

A.to reconcile (those who are at variance)

B.return to favour with, be reconciled to one

C.to receive one into favour

And to be in the Favor of God is technically Salvation !

In His Favour is Life Ps 30:5

5 For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.

Prov 8:35

35 For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the Lord.

Basically being in His Favor is also being accepted by Him ! Acts 10:35

35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Remember what God told cain ? Gen 4:7

7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.

But this being accepted of Him and being in His Favor, is even while we are doing not well, being enemies and unbelievers Rom 5:10 !

Now why is this a fact even while we are enemies and unbelievers ? Its because Christ has done well for us, and is being the propitiation for our sins, not to exclude the sin of unbelief, disobedience !

See if unbelief was not propitiated for, it would not have been possible for us to be reconciled to God while still being enemies and unbelievers, which Rom 5:10 testifies to.

To say that the sin of unbelief was not propitiated for, overthrows and denies the very blessed Truth of propitiation altogether, which in essence is to deny the death / blood of Jesus Christ !

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Took away our sins !

One of the results of propitiations is that God in Christ has taken away all of our sins, hence John writes Jn 1:29

29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.

This world here has no sin/s charged against it, because Christ has taken it away, as the Lamb of God. Now exactly who is this world ? Its not all without exception, simply because many are in peril of dying in their sins Jn 8:24

24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

So its quite obvious that these that can die in their sins in unbelief, cannot be part of the world which the Lamb of God has taken away their sins !

The world here in Jn 1:29 is the Lambs Wife ! Rev 19:7

Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.

Rev 21:9

And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife.

Thats the World that has had its sins taken away by the Lamb of God, no sins can be ever laid to Her Charge, so its not even a slight possibility that anyone of that world can be of those in Jn 8:24, because none of those in the World of Jn 1:29 has any sin/s laid to their charge to ever die in in unbelief !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

He is the propitiation for our sins:

1 Jn 2:1-2

My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

Now many in false religion have hijacked this verse to teach the lie, that it states, Jesus Christ has died for all mankind without exception, but folks that again is a lie, and heres why ! The world here or the whole world, is a world of individuals [both jew and gentile] that Gods Wrath against them for their sins has been propitiated, or appeased, in fact He is at Peace with them, all causes for His Wrath against them has been taken away, and we know this is not the case with all men without exception because of simple scriptures like Jn 3:36

36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

That word abideth is the greek word menó and means:

I remain, abide, stay, wait; with acc: I wait for, await.

The wrath of God is remaining or staying upon that one ! Its also in the present tense !

These individuals are permanently remaining under Gods Wrath, so it is absolutely impossible for anyone of them can be part of that Whole World of 1 Jn 2:2

Look, Gods wrath comes upon men for one just reason, sins Eph 5:5-6

5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

6 Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.

Because of what things cometh the wrath of God ? Look at the List of things in Vs 5, it tells you, those are sins !

Yet another scripture to consider is Rom 1:18

18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

These men cannot possibly be of the world of 1 Jn 2:2, no way ! Because Gods wrath for them against their ungodliness [Rom 5:6] and unrighteousness [1 Pet 3:18] it has already fell upon Christ on their behalf, and so God in Justice is merciful unto their unrighteousness Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

See that ? He is Merciful to their sins, not wrathful !

4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not allowing the posting of "sermon" outlines.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.