1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

He shall be satisfied Isa 53:11

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Jan 9, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Isa 53:11

11He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

Jesus Himself states that His death shall bear fruit !

John 12:32-33

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

33This he said, signifying what death he should die.

Jesus here is saying that His death would effect or produce results, that by it, all men will be drawn to Him, meaning shall believe in Him for Salvation.

The all men here does not mean all without exception, but all without distinction, both jews and gentiles alike see vs 20

In the original the word men does not appear, so it reads, will draw all[pas] unto me.

The All, is all types of races of men, and I believe its the all that the Father gave Him as Per Jn 6:37

37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Jn 17:2

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

The reason why He is speaking about all types or races of men is because, as the Seed of Abraham [ Gal 3:16] He will draw, convert all of Abraham's promised Children to Him. Remember when God told Abraham, that A Father of Many Nations He had made him in Gen 17:5

5Neither shall thy name any more be called Abram, but thy name shall be Abraham; for a father of many nations have I made thee.

Well Jesus death as the seed of Abraham would accomplish the gathering in of Abraham's seed from all Nations.

That word in Gen 17:5 for nations is the hebrew word gowy :

nation, people

a) nation, people

1) usually of non-Hebrew people

2) of descendants of Abraham

3) of Israel

And the word is also translated gentiles as here:

Isa 11:10

10And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.

Isa 42:1,6

1Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

6I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;[Thats because the Gentiles were included in the Abrahamic Covenant in Gen 17:5]

Isa 49:6

6And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

All this was in regards to God's Covenant with Abraham, that He was made a Father of Many Nations, and in doing so, He would multiply his seed. Gen 17:2,7

2And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly.

7And I will establish my covenant between me and thee and thy seed after thee in their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be a God unto thee, and to thy seed after thee.

This establishes the fact, that what God said to Abraham in vs 5, had to do with His Covenantal Promises to Him.

That this matter related to Justification is clearly brought to the forefront by Paul here Gal 3:8

8And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.

Also, the word for nations in Gen 17:5, also is translated heathen as here Ps 102:15

15So the heathen shall fear the name of the LORD, and all the kings of the earth thy glory.

These heathen would be Abraham's seed among the Nations or the Gentiles that were part of the Covenant to Abraham.

Now, I am presenting this, so we can understand why Jesus spake of His death as the means by which He would draw all unto Him. Not all as in all men without exception, but all without distinction, of the seed of Abraham from among the Gentile Nations.

2. billwald

billwald New Member

John 12:32-33

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

DID HE DRAW ALL MEN "UNTO" HIM and exactly what does it mean?

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Pleasure of the Lord shall prosper in His Hand ! Cont

Who came to do the Fathers Pleasure and save that which which was Lost ? Jn 6:37-40

37All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

38For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.

39And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Notice vs 39 Jesus says that of all that the Father has given Him, He should loose not one. Now, those the Father gave Him would be the ones the Father would have to be saved and come into the Knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:4

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Now, how could these not be the ones Jesus says the Father gave Him to save in Jn 6:39

Folks believe it or not, but Jesus Christ was 100% responsible to His Father to save all men and bring them into the Knowledge of the Truth 1 Tim 2:4. Now the question is, was He successful in accomplishing the Pleasure of the Lord or was He not ? Will there be any that the father will to be saved and come into the knowledge of the Truth, but did not, but will at last perish ? If so, the Lord Jesus Christ failed His Fathers will, His Pleasure. The Antichrist followers say many shall perish, be lost, whom the Father willed to be saved by Christ. They are preaching a failed Christ. They are teaching that the purpose for which Christ came and died, was not accomplished. They teach that many of the ones the Father wanted Christ to save, and that they come into the knowledge of the Truth, will not be ! They teach that the pleasure of the Lord did not quite prosper in His Hand 100% but it came up short !

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Isaiah 53:11 is a powerfully revealing verse.
    To me, it means that God's justice has been satisfied on the cross.

If God's justice has been satisfied, then we are faced with two options:
    1. It has been completely satisfied, so no one shall have to face that justice. The penalty has been paid.
    2. It has been satisfied for those whom it was intended.

If God's justice has been satisfied, how do we explain those who are punished anyway?

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Let me add one more thought to my post #4:

If the travail of the Lord Jesus" soul satisfies God's justice--and people are still condemned--how can it be that Jesus' death on the cross satisfied? It either satisfies or it doesn't. Isaiah 53:11 adds no conditions.

Seems to me this leaves two explanations:
    1. Universalism. If Jesus' death on the cross satisfied God's justice for all men, then all must be saved.
    2. Particular Redemption. God's justice was satisfied for those whom God intended to save.

I don't see any middle ground here.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

tom

Of course that is True, but that it is not all what it means. This is actually not speaking about the Father whose Justice was satisfied by the Son's Blood for elect sinners, but the Son's satisfaction in seeing what His oblation produced and accomplished. It Justified Many. Romans 5:19b says

19For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

It made many Righteous or Just or Justified before God's Law and Justice !

God's Law and Justice was not satisfied in regards to those !